Does Arthas deserve a "happy" ending?

It was wounding her like she wounded him. It was a damn good cinematic, actually had me rooring for Genn, for once.

“I will have my…VENGENCE!”

Iconic.

3 Likes

I wish we had more Genn vs Sylvanas and forsaken vs Worgen content. Was some the best moments we’ve had in game :heart:

4 Likes

That is giving Sylvanas too much credit and believing she actually cares about the Forsaken.

It is clear that she didn’t really and with her serving the Jailer since Cata basically, who was the Val’kyr for? The Forsaken or Zovaal? Remember, not everything a character says is truth. Sometimes it can be a lie, hidden by propaganda.

While true, it is far more likely that Genn was referring to Sylvanas and her alone.

1 Like

There are two moments that give me major Alliance pride and both of those victories are against Sylvanas. Genn in Stormheim and Shalamane spiliting in the Mok’gora because I think Varian did that for the betrayal at the Broken Shore.

I think she actually does.

That’s what we’ve been made to believe as Forsaken long before the BFA ending and I refused to accept that the Loyalist finale was really her and not the Jailer’s influence.

2 Likes

If she did, she wouldn’t have jumped off Icecrown Citadel.

Just saying.

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

“oh no, someone has a different interpretation of a line of dialogue, they must be wrong.”

Given Genns characterization post Cata, it is far more likely that he was referring to Sylvanas and her alone.

3 Likes

I just dont get the mentality that Arthas was such good a boy that he cared about his people sooo much he slaughtered them all and turned them into scourge members

But if you mention that Sylvanas cared about the forsaken? Y’all loose your damn mind

3 Likes

Would she have come back and gave Garrosh a scare for abusing them if she didn’t?

1 Like

Sylvanas hasn’t cared about the Forsaken in and of themselves since that Cataclysm short story was released. They were a weapon to be used against Arthas first and foremost, and later, after she realised what awaited her in the afterlife, a shield against death.

All the meming about Lordaeron and creating a new nation for the Forsaken was propaganda that players swallowed unironically because they preferred that story.

9 Likes

Her absence is what allowed Garrosh to assume command over the Forsaken and launch the war against Gilneas in the first place.

And thanks to retcons, she only accepted the Val’kyrs offer to avoid the maw. Not because she cared about the Forsaken.

1 Like

You do realize, that there’s a pretty good chance the Zooval was manipulating her and that her soul probably wasn’t actually destined for the Maw? He just needed her to think that, so she would enact his plan.

1 Like

While it is the most likely scenario that the Val’kyr “moved” Sylvanas to the maw, her motivations was to still avoid the maw. Siding with Zovaal was part of that.

3 Likes

The point of it is that Sylvanas had a very possessive form of caring. She calls them a shield because she doesn’t want the Forsaken to be destroyed.

not that any of this matters because Zovaal is apparently what awaits her and the need for a shield is completely useless
…Yay… Shadowlands…

3 Likes

A shield intended to take the damage for her doesn’t really sounds like “I don’t want you to be destroyed” to me.

5 Likes

So basically her “love and care” for the Forsaken was out of selfish desire and not out of a selfless nature?

Thanks for agreeing with us.

One would think launching a world war for the sole purpose of feeding her new sugar daddy is against the idea that she actually cared for the forsaken. Given that because of that world war, the Forsakens homeland is now nothing but blighted ruins.

6 Likes

If you let a shield be broken, you no longer have a shield; It’s the point of the change from them being ‘arrows to be spent’.

I know she’s a dupe, but the point is that she believed it.

She cares about the Forsaken in the same way I care about my shoes.

5 Likes

You’re assuming it’s a literal shield.

The analogy is that it’s a collection of people put together to make a barrier.

When the barrier gets damage, it’s destroying part of the barrier and thus killing the people making up that barrier.

The barrier is maintained because of the rest of the people still apart of it, and as long as new people join in to replace those killed.

So you’re still allowing them to be destroyed.

1 Like

Yes, and as long as you are careful about minimizing losses that shield becomes rather permanent.

Or basically the entire job of a given military.

1 Like

I would say intentionally starting a world war is not the best strategy for maintaining that shield.