Does Arthas deserve a "happy" ending?

Sylvanas is intrinsically tied to the character of Arthas. Given that the last two expansions have been 100% about her, of course people are going to bring her up in a thread about Arthas.

1 Like

She’s done a lot of terrible things. I don’t think anyone is actually denying that. I just wonder if she still would’ve done them if she had the good half of her soul from the get go

I can’t wait for whatever Yass Qween Girlboss moment is next for Sylvanas.

1 Like

I think there are plenty of people denying that lol.

I think the “soul fracture” is such a cop out. It’s just bad writing. Why isn’t her wound where Frostmourn stabbed her? Why was Uther capable of realizing his faults without having his soul fracture returned to him? Why is her wound “so much deeper” than Uther’s if not just to emphasized just how “damaged” she is, as if that is any reason to emphasize with a mass murderer.

It’s stupid. It’s boring. It’s lazy. It doesn’t make any sense. And frankly, I am pretty done seeing a company with this sort of reputation, presenting this pseudo SA allegory as “damaged goods” and pretending that is totally fine.

1 Like

Usually people who commit such evil acts deserve some sort of punishment more severe then simple imprisonment or death, a way to show that if you cross certain moral lines then your punishment should also cross a line of what is considered acceptable.

Sylvanas is so evil and her character so tiring that she just deserves to be obliterated and forgotten about. Garrosh is gone forever and his crimes pail compared to Sylvanas

4 Likes

Your the best hun! :heart:

3 Likes

So the pseudo SA analogy getting murdered because she was pseudo driven temporarily insane by a God-like figure is better storytelling?

6 Likes

He technically saved a race from enslavement. The Forsaken are technically immortal, they’re not going away any time soon. They don’t need to replace themselves the way mortal breathing races do.

Which race would this be?

I assume she is referring to Genn destroying the Lantern that Sylvanas was intending to use by enslaving a Val’kyr and using her to forcibly raise people into Undeath.

I don’t see how that’s any better than what Genn did, who ultimately both allowed the Val’kyr to maintain their free will and also ensured that people wouldn’t be brought back to “life” against their will.

7 Likes

Renautus is one of those posters who believes everything Sylvanas does is righteous and selfless. She can do no wrong.

2 Likes

Am I one of those posters?

Oh well, I guess that’s true then.
I’m sad you are one of those posters who doesn’t get the irony that Arthas is a hero because “he would do anything to save his people” but Sylvanas is villianized for doing the very same thing.

Well considering you tried to paint Genn stopping Sylvanas from enslaving a Val’kyr as an act of evil / genocide…

??? They are both “evil”. I have never said that one is a saint and the other is the devil.

4 Likes

I mean, to be fair Genn does say You took my sons future, now I’ve taken yours as he walks away like the badass that he is. So…Ren isn’t technically wrong.

1 Like

It’s not really “saving her people” though.

Raising someone into Undead doesn’t suddenly make them one of her people.
It just makes them an Undead person that isn’t associated with her outside of being forcibly raised. Unless they’re mind is manipulated, they aren’t suddenly a member of the Forsaken.

She can save her actual people, the original group of Forsaken, by coming up with methods of sustaining their current bodies.

Raising new Undead isn’t really saving anyone.

7 Likes

Actually they are.

they would be “correct” if Genn said, “theirs” or something like that. Including the Forsaken into that mix. He doesn’t. He only refers to Sylvanas.

Sylvanas is not the forsaken.

7 Likes

Thank you Micah, i feel like Genn’s intention there was to kill Sylvanas’s legacy, he legacy she waxed poetic about prior to going to Stormhiem was the continued future of her people. And being able to “repoduce” ie; make more forsaken.

I don’t feel like I should be villified in this forum for following the story.

3 Likes

Everyone but Denona knew what Genn was referring to when he said he was taking away her future

2 Likes

Minor point of contention, ‘you/your’ can refer to groups including the person being addressed.

1 Like