Does anyone talk in game anymore?

See.

No not really not 100% sure as to the why thoughā€¦ suspect it has something to do with the community rather then WoW though as go too FFXIV WoWs only real competition currently and people are considerably more talkative in group content.

1 Like

It helps that unless youā€™re doing Savage Raids or Extreme Trials that thereā€™s basically no fail state for content. Itā€™s a very VERY casual game for the most part. Vs the entirety of M+ literally being on a timer so any downtime is potential for causing the run to fail.

That and the whole commendation thing. Very few people are gonna remember a DPSā€™s name at the end if they arenā€™t talking.

1 Like

When I level up in dungeons from 0-50, I have good and pleasant conversations about different thingsā€¦
Everything gets fed-up when I get to the last contentā€¦

[https://www.youtube.com/shorts/HLECT1ur9R8?feature=share]

Personally when it comes to lfg content, Iā€™ve found thatā€™s always been a similar case, kinda depressing to see really I use to find.

people dont bother anymore due to a chance of being banned for the most trivial garbage , this is due partly to the report system overreacting and partly to the latest snowflake generation.
ā€¦ i recently got called a bully in LFR for trying to explain how to tank a boss to a tank that didnt have a clue and wiped the raid multiple times without even asking any questions beforehand or after wiping , how these people are going to get on in real life baffles me.

So much to unpack

Why I canā€™t unsee the things I saw so when I shop, I am always wondering if other grocery stores do the same thing. I did become store champion and flown to Bentonville, Arkansas once. I did hold the following positions within the store during my advancement.

• Dairy and Frozen Associate
  • Meat Associate
  • Department Manager of Dairy and Frozen
  • Department Manager of Meat
  • Team Lead of Meat and Produce
  • Coach of Apparel and 2nd shift Unload

A zone within the game where a lot of Horde people would talk. On my original server it was used a lot of time for call outs by lower-level people to ask for help against the opposing faction killing them or the NPCs they needed to do quests.

This is one thing I fear when I type in game chat, because times have changed, and more people are super sensitive. I also donā€™t have a microphone and the headset I have hurts my neck because of the weight, not sure I just get neckaches from wearing them. So, Iā€™ll listen in Discord if asked, type my replies in game (Always fun when people only ever see half the conversation).

Sidenote, because headsets bother me, I usually play the sound over my monitor speakers which also makes having a microphone that doesnā€™t pick up that background noise harder.

People try this same line in Overwatch on a weekly basis, forums, Reddit, you name it.

Meanwhile, some of them and entirely other groups insist the playerbase is too toxic to talk to, using slurs and always getting away with it.

I feel the conclusion is self-evident.

Too busy actually doing the dungeon to type stuff out to some smiley person

I donā€™t know about testing, is this for a class?

If you want conversation, visit a zone. Even better, a zone where people are camping for something like a rare. Maybe a place like Azure Span where you might have people fishing or questing or farming for herbs ā€“ many will respond to you.

All Barrens chat ever gave me was Chuck Norris jokes.

1 Like

Usually not? But sometimes I see it. Sometimes I even initiate it! But holidays? You mean when Iā€™m two weeks in and salty the manuscript hasnā€™t dropped yet despite running every day and the ā€œbad luck protectionā€ supposedly in place? I might be in A. Mood. lol! But if someone else says ā€œhiā€ Iā€™ll usually respond even then.

In games, just as in life, I go by the golden rule:

ā€œThe joke must be told!ā€™

If I have something funny to say, I will say it, mostly to make myself laugh. Often times, someone else will find humor in it.

Usually when they speak then the truth comes out. They act like the kids in Meta Quest and just want to pour popcorn over you constantly and keep running after you saying mister mister excuse me misterā€¦ mister mister!!! JUST SHUT UP!!!

Ya there were times I seen a lot of Chuck Norris jokes. But most of the times it was generally for help with opposite faction or questions about class or quests. Unfortunately, today itā€™s mostly crickets.

once in awhile someone other than me MIGHT say tyfg at the end of dungeon lol

My belief is the lack of chat now has to do with three things.

1. It is inefficient for people to type while playing and sadly WoW has become about being efficient in content, not social in it.

2. Things like Discord. There is no need to chat with people in game when you already chatting with friends on Discord.

3. Better internet. When WoW started a lot of us was still playing on dial up or slow connections. This meant it was faster and easier to ask in chat for information. Now it is fast and easier to just look it up for yourself or ask in Discord.

I know people like to say that people are afraid to chat for fear of being reported but in my opinion that is a small amount compared to the three issues above.

1 Like

I engage in conversations I find interesting.

Most in-game conversations arenā€™t interesting to me. Plus itā€™s hard to play and type at the same time.

Most players using dungeon finder just want to get the run over as quick as possible. Talking slows things down too much.

1 Like