Does anyone talk in game anymore?

People on Discord say stuff like “nobody likes people who type” or “I don’t read chat” and stuff like that

Yeah, I am a type in Discord so I feel that but I also know that I am not in the majority.

you would be suprised at the large number of players that dont even have chat open

I just assume they’re kids of addicted WoW players when it becomes obvious they physically can’t see chat.

I live in Arkansas. Been here since 2016. I still haven’t made it to Bentonville though and I want to so bad! The mountain biking up there is top level!

Far as Walmart, I did produce for a bit, then cashier and finally CSM all in around a year or so before moving on to other things.

1 Like

They use tokens

I’ve never bought a token, never paid for a run. If I want to run content that I don’t belong in, I will work my way to doing that content. If I cannot acquire the gear and skill without buying it, then I don’t deserve to be in that content. That is just fact.

People need to accept that sometimes content that drops certain thing is not attainable. Being open with people in chat or voice, as long as they communicate will go a long way. I try to let people know I have a handicap in group and if they acknowledge it, I expect to be given the boot if it’s going to affect their group run.

It’s not the fault of the group if I have had two fingers amputated half a year ago. It is my fault if I don’t acknowledge I might be the reason we don’t succeed. So, communication in group wither it is a little or a lot is the key to success. This is a part of the game that is in trouble, as we have grown to fear reprisal for anything because people have grown so thin skinned.

If in in a pug it’s because my friends aren’t playing ATM and it’s my last resort before askingmy guild. Why would I talk to people on my third choice. Hell a mplus that starts with a sup and ends with a gg are the best ones and very often its the talkative ones that end up bricking keys hard

Ill throw a “TYFG” or “thanks” at the end of a run or something. But beyond that I’m not going to say anything. All I need is someone in the group to get mad because I said I like red velvet cake more than chocolate cake or something, them to report me, and i get a 6 month ban because some yahoo in LFG got mad. So I’d rather just kill what needs to be killed and move on with my fun.

Cool, I haven’t been paying attention because I always run with my main pals tank and we’re in chat. But maybe thats a thing you can expand to, say hey to chat invite

• its most probably group already

…huh? Like 90% of the people I meet in Discord communities don’t even want to interact with voice chats. This includes the WoW servers I’m in.

Right now in the Old Gods server, there is only 7 people in voice chats that are not auto-filter AFK channels, only two of which are actually in the same voice channel.

There are thousands of people online in this server right now.

1 Like