Does anyone talk in game anymore?

Most people prefer not to talk in game anymore because blizzard will perma ban you if you get reported enough times.

And it doesn’t matter if what you are saying is not against TOS.

1 Like

reporting people with no justification still gives the person you reported a “warning” that doesn’t even pass by a minimum wage blizz employee. You can’t report someone that doesn’t speak.
There is no value in speaking in group content. You’re not worth the false report.
In fact, your post here looks like bait tbqh.

1 Like

Na. We talk all the time while doing stuff in Classic. It’s only in retail where your community is completely dead.

At the very least I say hello to my dungeon group, and thank them at the end, even holiday bosses.

1 Like

No no, it’s not a dead community, it’s just insufferable. There is always at least 1 carry in m+ trying to squeak out a win. And the report button is more abused than it is justified. There’s always group content for everything, just unsavoury players on live that no one would want to talk to.

1. Blizzard doesn’t permaban basically ever. They’d rather you keep paying them money.
  2. The automated system just mutes you if you get reported enough times. Nothing sticks to your account unless it’s reviewed by Blizzard and they agree with the reports.
  3. If you’re regularly getting muted in chat, I don’t know what to tell you, other than that you probably deserve it. I technically break chat rules all the time and it just doesn’t matter because people don’t report you unless you’re actively being a jerk.
1 Like

broly vs yamcha GO.

1 Like

Wrong , they perma ban A LOT for multiple reports. First you get a 20 day silence then you get a month ban then you get a perma ban.

Wrong again, all penalties escalate until it reaches perma ban at penalty 3.

Wrong again for the third time.

it has already been proven multiple times that you can be muted by people who abuse mass reporting.

Which is VERY common in the rated bg community.

3 wrongs, your out kid.

Easier to use voice chat than type chat while playing the game. Have you tried joining a voice chat?

you seem to know a lot about this cant imagine why.

1 Like

The WOW discord is worthless lol. Some guys were getting involved in politics and when I told them to stop spouting their nonsense, I immediately got kicked from the server and can’t rejoin :confused:

1 Like

They talk mostly politics, meanwhile I make topic about the presidential debate in the off topic section and it get deleted. While trade chat is always in full force.

These double standards is too much

1 Like

Most people, I would imagine, are in a Discord channel yakking witk their friends while playing.

I almost never type anything in LFR or Mythic+ because I’m focused on what I’m doing and also talking in Discord. Doesn’t leave much time for typing.

2 Likes

it’s just you

1 Like

Do you walk into a bus or subway. And randomly start talking to people that are only going to see for at best a few minutes and at worst an hour?

1 Like

The wow discord is ran by the biggest of reddit monkeys. Blizzard don’t care at all same for the reddit wow

i don’t really talk anymore. i should though.

gotnov/chrisnp

This game is getting more anti social as each day goes by. Everything is getting automated and people keep screaming for everything to be made solo.

I miss the old MMO days a lot of the time. Groups for pve, chatting, making friends. EQ had a lot of downtime between fights to just chat away. DAOC was like that as well.

2 Likes

i don’t talk because i’m a bad person and just not worth talking to really and don’t do any content that requires talking and mostly just solo anyway and don’t play much
so basically i’m a loser

Broly, they bully yamcha too much to give him a win. :robot::thought_balloon:

1 Like