Does anyone else get a sick feeling when playing the opposite faction

My friend plays exclusively Alliance, and really wants the new Wolf Mount that the Alliance gets for doing the Horde war campaign on an alt, and they say that they can’t play on the Horde long because they feel physically sick on a Horde character.

Is it just him, or do other people feel the same way? Do horde players feel sick playing Alliance toons?

Idk feels kinda silly to me, just wondering if other people feel the same way.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t use the term “sick” but I don’t like maining the Alliance. Feels weird and out-of-place. Alliance alts are ok though.

8 Likes

I suppose that’s what faction exclusivity does to some people.

I can understand not being entirely comfortable with it in that case, but physically sick…jeez.

Addendum:

Granted it could just be hyperbole. I’m sure many of us have overreacted to certain experiences ourselves, like how I yelled at my monitor when watching that trailer where Illidan tells off Velen.

4 Likes

After making an Alliance character for the Double Agent achievement, I wouldn’t say sick, but… uncomfortable.

Too smarmy for my tastes.

10 Likes

I think if you have that strong if a connection to a faction in a game that playing the other faction makes you physically ill then maybe you need to step back from the game. That can’t be healthy.

36 Likes

If someone gets physically sick from something like this they have some serious issues with their mental health.

29 Likes

No, and I’d probably be concerned about my mental health if I did.

12 Likes

Like others have said, I wouldn’t say it makes me feel sick but it definitely makes me feel icky when I play on my Alliance toon.

7 Likes

Guys, guys the OP’s friend is probably one of those overly dramatic people. You know the ones I’m talking about. They’ll say stuff like “omg I could just literally die” then you think to yourself self “yeah hurry up” then you again think to yourself “crap, now I’m going to hell” so you put on a fake grin :grimacing: and smile and nod.

cough ANYWAYS… overly dramatic.

22 Likes

This right here.

No, but I’ve abandoned my Alliance characters unless it’s to do something specific. I’ll be playing a fat human if they ever make them available in this lifetime.

2 Likes

Are you the naked Pandaren chicks main?

With a name like that I have to ask. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No. Who’s the naked Panda chick?

Hahahahahaha is her name. She frequents the story forums. She’s the only consistently neutral Pandaren character on this forum.

I’ve never met her. I’m in the Story DC but that’s another story. No pun intended.

No, but I do get a sick feeling when playing BGs with dumb people of either faction. :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Just do premades. :slight_smile:

i normally main alliance, but i was pleasantly lolling when doing the Horde Hozen quests in the Jade Forest.

only really felt sick playing horde whenever i killed my cow alts from falling out of thunder bluff

2 Likes

I don’t like to fight night elves. I’ve had mains on both sides. But that’s. Thee only time I intensely dislike playing one side or the other.