Does anyone else get a sick feeling when playing the opposite faction

Honestly if your buddy is getting physically sick playing the opposite faction on a video game, it might be time to get help

3 Likes

It feels like I’m playing a game I don’t like when I play Alliance. I do it for the cool horse and other collectibles. But I don’t enjoy it.

1 Like

I actaully get that a lot, but more to it. I’ve been playing horde for so long: I know all the quests (almost) and know almost all the lore of the faction. I’ve been through most of the changes on the factions, and all my friends play on horde. So whenever I try to play on an alliance toon…it feels pointless. Why would I want to spend time experiencing something I barely know anything about, something I’ve been fighting agaisnt for so long. I know it would be good to try alliance out but, its like how your friend feels: gets sick.

Plus the undead casting animations are just too heavy metal for me to pass down, well, they used to be…

2 Likes

Blizzard’s marketing team would be thrilled to see this. They’ve been working overtime to convince people that their WoW faction is an IRL political party and sports team rolled into one.

9 Likes

Working overtime? It’s been the this franchise’s theme since 1994.

Kind of off topic: Oh snap I just realized Warcraft turns 25 this November. I hope we get something cool.

2 Likes

The player character Horde faction didn’t exist until the end of Warcraft III. So no, it hasn’t been the franchise’s theme since 1994.

And yeah, Blizzard’s marketing team pushed their “express your WoW faction IRL” trash really hard around the BfA launch.

1 Like

But you have always picked a side so yes it has.

1 Like

That’s gibberish, but thanks.

Huh no it’s not. You either played a side that had orcs and ogres or a side that had humans and dwarves. Then in Warcraft 2 you picked the side that had humans, dwarves, elves, and gnomes or you picked the side that had orcs, trolls, goblins and ogres.

This game has been about Horde vs. Alliance for 25 god damn years.

6 Likes

Still wrong, because you can’t tell the difference between the RTS factions and what ended up in WoW.

And yes, Blizzard’s marketing team pushed it harder than ever with the launch of Battle for Azeroth. No amount of equivocating over factions will change that.

Honestly after BFA released my communication with Horde players became more of a teasing friendly sort of thing IRL.

I was once working at a convention, and a women in a Horde T-shirt wanted entry into an event. She had her ticket and everything, and as I let her in I said to her ‘For the Alliance’ with a smirk on my face. She just returned the smirk back and chuckled.

Are you insane? You can’t tell which faction is which, when one side is blue with humans and dwarves and the other side is red, with orcs and ogres?

Then in Warcraft 2 you can even see the damn Alliance and Horde symbol on the ships.

3 Likes

Nope, just able to tell the difference between old vs modern Horde/Alliance.

You want so badly to be personally invested in the faction conflict that you’ve convinced yourself it’s been going on for decades now - you’re exactly who Blizzard is marketing to I guess.

Also, it’s funny that you’d even respond to “Blizzard’s marketing team has been pushing the faction conflict” with “there’s been a faction conflict for 25 years.” Because, y’know, that doesn’t actually change the fact that Blizzard literally pushed out commercials telling people to act differently to people IRL based on their WoW faction.

Edit - no, seriously. I see you typing a response that’s probably going to have nothing to do with the marketing campaign again. Watch the commercials. They’re weird.

That was never my argument. I know they have changed but the core of picking a side with orcs or humans has not changed.

And I bet you just want something dumb like to be able to play your tauren with your Alliance friends or whatever.

I know Blizzard has always hyped the faction conflict because that’s what this game is about. You originally said they’re “working overtime” on it, as in they’re really pushing it. They have been pushing it since the beginning.

1 Like

I really hope you can tell the difference between “here’s a game with orcs fighting humans, you can play both sides” and “treat people differently in public if they play Horde or Alliance in WoW.”

So yeah, they’re pushing it harder than ever.

Thanks for derailing guys.

You’re welcome. :+1:

1 Like

No, because I know both are just the fantasy MMO equivalent of a sport’s team when you don’t really care about the sport but you’re just playing the game to have fun with zero preference between the two. Also by playing characters on both sides I have the full range of character races/mounts/etc available to me so I’m getting my full money’s worth from my sub than someone who deliberately denies themselves half of the content because of a stubborn refusal to play anything other than their preferred faction.

2 Likes

Btw, this commercial is great. Get a sense of humor.

6 Likes

i kinda do, i mean i tried rping on a undead hunter, and all i did was encounter a weird belf who was sympathetic to me and she ended up being captured by an orc who got “Handsy” with his captive.

got violent rp wise, but ya.
weird sometimes.

2 Likes