Does anybody else not talk in Wow anymore? Scared of being Offensive?

You’re calling ME out for gaslighting? I said “You don’t even have to say or do anything wrong” meaning you can say “hello”. Never mentioned that you didn’t have to say anything at all.

I know I know, semantics. Plus, an insult would be “Your idea is god awful” or “you’re dumb” “Are you retarded?”

Please don’t take the what’s in quotations out of context either, those are examples.

2 Likes

You just attempted to claim I’m too emotional over this conversation. Where exactly did I attempt to make you question your emotional state?

Fun fact: “terrible” and “god awful” are synonyms.

2 Likes

I said and I quote

In no way, in that sentence, do I claim you’re “too emotional over this conversation”. That’s the very definition of gaslighting.

As I’m looking at the Oxford Dictionary, I see that “awful” IS a synonym of “terrible”. But I quoted as an example “god awful” which is not.

1 Like

In a game all about GO GO GO

Talking to others just slows you down

Gotta run so many Mythic+ a day, no time for chit chat, must GO GO GO.

1 Like

You claiming my emotions sway things is exactly as I said. So glad we could agree that it is what you attempted to do.

I don’t even have words for the nonsense you just posted.

I just… I don’t even. :woman_facepalming:

From thesaurus.com, owned by dictionary.com. Next you’ll try to claim, “bUt ThErE’s No SpAcE!” :rofl: :roll_eyes: :woman_facepalming:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/906234294333218826/1211068522764050522/synonym.png?ex=65ecda74&is=65da6574&hm=bc8266270a89115f6899283a1b550f1aa9fb0842190bf9f5573f4f861c77214f&

I’m done. Will not waste my time on this nonsense.

Funnily enough, the forums do seem to have actual human beings that come in and look at things :laughing:

You can tell that’s the case (there’s a human being or two watching the forums) because whenever I’ve gotten a “your post was flagged” notification up in the upper-right corner the post is usually “restored by staff” on the same day :flushed: Usually it’s within a few hours, but almost always by the end of the day

All the ingame stuff seems to be automated of course, presumably because they just don’t have enough manpower to actually micro-manage every single incident of the “report” button being clicked by someone (could possibly happen thousands/millions of times per day)

Also, the players posting on the forums are a tiny fraction of the overall playerbase - so I imagine it’s actually possible to for a human being staffer to keep tabs on this place

…except on the weekends sometimes, as that’s when the troll/bait threads seem to spring up and go unopposed until either Monday or Tuesday

im scared of a lot of things in life. rocks. flowers. papa johns pizza. chicago deep dish. wow is not one of them.

2 Likes

“I get a feeling that you LET emotions sway you over logic” is not the same as claiming you’re too emotional or that your emotions do sway you.

I admit, I was wrong on the definition of gaslighting, but so were you. I had to do a bit of googling and ask my friend that’s a teacher to see what some examples were. But that’s where it ends.

1 Like

Likewise - I chat all the time and to my knowledge have never been reported. Then again, my parents raised me to be polite and respectful, so I’m not in the habit of making edgy comments.

3 Likes

You know… If more people followed the Golden Rule (treat others the way you’d like to be treated), we wouldn’t need so many other rules.

2 Likes

Factz! I agree %1000000000000 real talk…

And that’z all that needs to be done! Problem solved…But Wow wants to do extreme when there is a button that solves it… :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

This post was orginally reported and banned then they brought it back.

I’ve never once had that thought.

Easy to get reported over anything these days. Sometimes people just report to be jerks. Friends I’ve played with in LoL and HotS, for example, that don’t speak in-game at all, and sometimes use a few pings have scored silences in matches we played with them where there was zero text communication all game. That sort of fear stymies in-game interaction.

It doesn’t help that the main channels are choked out with advertisement spam anyway, so getting any words in is hard.

It’s simply much easier to engage with people out-of-game via Discord, as well as have your own hub for memes, humor, and interests. I like raunchy humor, and it’s pretty much kill on sight in-game nowadays. Hard to believe that the last time I saw a ton of in-game community interaction among randoms was during WoD, when everyone was doing nothing in their Garrisons.

2 Likes

I see it more like saying the right thing on purpose, and the world being wrong.

This is just wrong.

IRL, I want to be ignored… so I ignore every one around me.

Then people say I am arrogant or I think I am better than everyone, because I just do my own thing.

People are strange.

So sad… it used to not be that way!

2 Likes

I think it has more to do with there being no reason to talk anymore.
With auto-queues and group finding functions, there’s no need to talk to anyone.
But with the current political mindset, and the ambiguity of the UA, the reporting function has been abused on occasion.
So some may feel keeping their heads down would be safe.
Don’t know.

2 Likes

We can’t use profanity, masked profanity, slurs, hateful speech, sexual innuendo/comments, trolling, spam, advertisement. That has not changed in any real way since 2004 when WoW was released.

Following basic rules of social politeness should not be political. It is being a basic decent human in the company of strangers.

People who are mad they can’t swear, insult others, sling slurs, troll with sexual comments, etc should examine why they are upset. If they are upset they can’t be edgy, piss others off, troll? - that should not be a political stance. The whole concept of “if it makes someone angry it is good” is really destructive.

I get that I am old and pre-date the internet, but when I was growing up we called folks who went out of their way to say nasty things, skirt the rules, ridicule others - bullies. It was not cool to anyone except those who wanted the approval of the bully. Imagine feeling so bad about themselves they have to gain some sort of joy or amusement from harming others.

Life is really simple. We learned it all in kindergarten.

• Be nice to other people
  • Keep your hands to yourself
  • Use manners - please, thank you, excuse me, you’re welcome.
  • Pick up after yourself
  • Time out to cool off, take a nap, think things through is good. As are snacks. We all get cranky when hungry.
3 Likes