Does any Alliance player feel cheated by the ARs?

Because it will always devolve into elves yelling at each other. They’re the laziest fantasy archetype next to humans, and are for the ‘less creative’ people.

1 Like

I don’t think it was the goal for most people.

I think it was a very disappointing outcome that is largely unsatisfactory. But you already know my opinion on reused assets and sparse lore.

1 Like

Having playable high elves for the Alliance was the goal for the loudest people.

And that’s all Blizzard cards about: getting the loudest complainers to shut up.

2 Likes

Yeah, just look at the Vulpera fans. Put the High Elf crowd to shame and got exactly what they wanted all in one go.

2 Likes

Very valid point.
Humans are indeed the most boring. Maybe that’s why I haven’t managed to get one to max yet. Same goes for Dwarf, which is just a drunk shorter Human.

I used to like elves… but these guys and their …rooster contests made me dislike them.

One big difference being that the high elf crowd got everything it demanded – and is STILL complaining.

:laughing:

4 Likes

Speaking as someone that wanted High Elves? No, we didn’t get everything we demanded.

5 Likes

We should have gotten sethrak, a race people would have actually played, instead we got the worse version of gnomes.

Most Alliance races are variations of humans. That’s always been the theme for Alliance.

As Alliance have always been keen to say, Horde are beasts and monsters. So their AR are beasts and monsters.

I agree that Mechagnomes are unfortunate, but none of the ARs are winning popularity contests. Even the more frequently selected ARs are uncommon.

Vulpera don’t infringe on a pre existing Alliance core race.

2 Likes

I seriously doubt many people would play sethrak.

However, I’m all in favor of giving Alliance playable sethrak. And give the Horde NOTHING at the same time.

I’d love to see how Alliance players would spin that as “horde favoritism”. I’m sure you’d all think of something.

Are you saying blizzard belittled alliance races? Lol

The only thing I really feel cheated on is the fact the Horde got for all intents and purposes, an entirely new race in Vulpera and we got gnomes with mechanical parts.

That, and the fact people seem to think copy/pasted skin colors and hair colors is plenty of updates for the void elves in comparison to the huge updates nightborne and highmountain got.

Dark iron and void elves have the least options of allied races after the updates, iirc.

Dark iron was second lowest before the updates, so I’m not sure why they were skipped lol.

10 Likes

No I’m not saying just toss in sethrak I would rather them replace mechagnome since they have the lowest playrate in the game annd realistically in terms of looks have less variety then regular gnomes.

To be fair, all the ars kinda suck… Not excited about any of them. I rock a di dwarf for a sham and I think that’s the only one I use at all.

Doesn’t matter to me.

Tall or short, Shadowlands sucks at any height.

1 Like

Infringes on BE visual uniqueness and gives VEs two visually distinct themes.

3 Likes

I have been in favor of more void customization since the beginning. Believing high elf options should be added doesn’t change that.

And I only believed that after a certain point due to the fact blizzard can’t seem to settle on how many void elves actually exist, and at least with the regular skin tones, we can “role play” that our characters are silver covenant or blood elf defectors.

That said, I’m still happy to rock the “High Elf” motif while the void options are lacking. I enjoyed my old look but tbh I wanted more grey/black skin tones and more unique hairstyles that didn’t have a ton of clipping issues with helms.

6 Likes

So you’re an advocate for VEs to both get to retain their own original visual uniqueness which is more than what BE fans can claim now, while also infringing on BE visual uniqueness, thats nice.

2 Likes

Only while blizzard refuses to actually clarify void elf lore.

If they came out and had said “alleria and locus walker found a way to convert more into void elves” then no.

But when they’re ambiguous about it and place blood and high elf npcs in the rift and somehow create a void elf army in the battle of lordaeron when the void elves were a group of like a dozen, then yes.

If they add more void options and clarify the story, I’d have zero issues with them removing the “high elf” options.

I prefer having story accurate things, but when they don’t explain the story, it becomes muddled.

3 Likes