Does any Alliance player feel cheated by the ARs?

They knew multiple patches in advance what Alliance players were asking for, and what they were not. You can say it wasn’t a fact, but reading the room is probably a good talent for Blizzard to have.

I’m not saying deny gnome fans their race. I’m saying that if we’re talking about whether Alliance players (broadly) are feeling cheated by their lineup compared to what the Horde got, Blizzard should damn well pay attention to that rather than just ignoring criticisms that had existed the entire expansion, not just 8.3.

Actually I can. I’m well within my rights to praise or criticize ‘creative choices’ based on whether they were good.

And once again, it’s not a crime to expect developers to give some degree of attention towards things people actually want. You can talk about the glories of creative freedom all you want, but at the end of the day they’re running a business and the customer’s opinions should matter.

In fact, if you want to see the result of ‘creative freedom’ in the absence of attending to player desires, look no further than the reception of these last two expansions. Ignoring the playerbase is going wonderfully.

3 Likes

Don’t. The whole idea of ARs is that they’ve taken existing races and tweaked them a bit, gave them different names, added a quest bit and there you go, “new allied race” that’s not new at all.

Highmountain Tauren could have just been done in the barbershop. Nightborne are skinny NEs.
Mag’har orcs are brown orcs, again the barbershop.

The only one I can think of that is sort of “new” are vulpera and they’re basically just furry goblins.

So ARs by themselves are what I call a budget addition that both alliance and horde got.

But they’re not. If they were they’d have Goblin play-numbers. But they don’t.

1 Like

Idk what that means.

1 Like

I don’t have numbers in front of me but I think there are more Vulpera than Goblins

1 Like

I was talking skeleton. The same skeleton was used. KTs on alliance side, I’m not sure what skeleton they used for them.

I also forgot, horde got ztrolls, an upright version of existing Darkspear trolls.

So yeah, budget additions. Maybe MS will improve the game because I don’t think budget additions are the way to go.

1 Like

Right, but I’m saying if Skeleton=Race then the zTrolls are Night Elves.

2 Likes

Yep. That’s what I mean by budget additions. I’m not complaining, I am stating that it’s obvious to me that the company wasn’t going to go out of their way, to save a few bucks & possibly a lot of time and talent to give the players something new and unique in an AR.

So since both horde and alliance got basically budget additions, no one should feel slighted because of faction.
Feel slighted if you want but because they cheaped out in making them.

I prefer to just ignore it. We have enough races as it is, imo.

1 Like

It seems like you do know.

1 Like

Overall horde did much better. They got a better version of trolls and orcs, a new elf, and a new race entirely in vulpera. The moose addiction is kind of blah, since it should have been those northrend bison.

Alliance void elf, which I are my favorite elf, a decent draenei update, huge humans and then two races I have zero interest in, dark iron and mecha. Dwarfs and gnomes were never very popular and now we have more.

1 Like

Hell, yes. Or Murlocs. Or Tuskarr, they’re smallish.

I still recall the nightmare of trying to find a female dwarf for one of the event achievements, before cross realm.

4 Likes

horde literally got some new skin tones for orcs, straight back option for trolls and tauren again. they couldnt even be bothered to give us the actual nightbone model and just did a hatchet job on the night elf player model. vulpera do feel like something new i will admit

sounds like we are pretty even doesnt it? except void elves can also be blood elves(appearance wise) so essentially the alliance got 2 elves in one

3 Likes

I think an overwhelming majority of Horde players would be DELIGHTED to trade you Nightborne in exchange for Dark Iron Dwarves.

3 Likes

Vulpera are new. Every other AR is recolor. Horde 1, alliance zero.

Vulpera are a reskin of Goblins. Kul Tirans had an entirely new rig built for them - the only AR to do so.

3 Likes

6 Likes

You know, normal people see this line as Horde perpetual victimhood.

Getting a race in 2020 that you got in 2007 is a win. Got it. I hope your next allied race is Perspective.

5 Likes

Not really. Just more “gimme gimme” from the Alliance, who are never happy with anything they get from their constant griping.

3 Likes

Both Alliance and Horde got cheated by the AR’s because neither of them got Sethrak. Gimme snakes!

3 Likes