Does 5 DPS really Matter?

Nobody has ever once said they NEED to min/max. They do it because they enjoy it. Do you think sites like Icy Veins and RaidBots have the millions of hits they do from just the people in the top5 guilds?

You don’t get to dictate what people enjoy.

And wtf at the idea of people sharing a post so more people read it and having people like it if they agree with it being a bad thing. You want bad design to be hidden or something?

I imagine that is what many members of the community would prefer, yes.
They would rather the entire game be BOA and every point of power selectable directly.

They basically do not want to play an MMORPG, and I have trouble blaming them.

The game has been shifting in this direction for a long time now, so many of them were simply victims to that shift without realizing it early on in their wow career.

1 Like

Have you even looked at their past (or current) attempts at balancing stuff like this?

There’s like a 99% difference between the best and worst Azerite traits.

Because Blizzard decided to make things unnecessarily complicated for no good reason.

1 Like

This is just completely not true. Your posts are exhausting to read, man. You blame the community for ideas and theories that you completely make up.

You should step down from your “MVP” status. In fact, I’m going to submit a ticket about this. You don’t get to decide to harass so many players for liking the game differently than you.

8 Likes

I am sure its is PARTIALLY not true.
But I personally know people who share that exact sentiment.

People also need to remember that tanks and healers play too, and some soulbinds/covenants offer amazing abilities for tanks/healers, while others offer nothing.

3 Likes

I will be shocked if that ever happens IMVHO! :grimacing:

Ummm… its 3 abilities and a bunch of passives so like… get it right. Smh.

1 Like

WoW’s current player base are action junkie gamers its why i find it so funny Blizzard are doing this. I actually like covenants as an RPG concept just not in WoW, it goes against everything they have done in past 12 years.

Then don’t read them? You can always put me on ignore!

Trust me, this is anything but made up haha.
I have been around the block one too many times for it.

No one is being harassed. This is a forum for discussing the game and that is what is happening here.

But if anything, I would say the same for those on the other side of the topic.
They shouldn’t get to force Blizzard into making the game the way they want either.

We both “enjoy” playing the game a certain way, and my way is no less valid than theirs, right?

3 Likes

Wait. You think Blizz is capable of balancing the covenant DPS?

1 Like

Nobody is attacking your way, YOU are attacking our way.

7 Likes

Most of those people who are liking that post aren’t even part of beta.

A like system that is being abused is a like system that should be removed.

Your way doesn’t exist in regards to this though, so why should it be changed?

Ya, its not surprising to see the backlash.
Most of the people playing now haven’t known anything other than the highly accessible and customizable version of WoW.

Its the same way with so many hot-button issues like Flying and LFR too.
Things that have trended poorly for a while, but are just too far in to pull out now, sadly.

Like I said earlier, I support them changing it now.
I wish I didn’t have to, because I wouldn’t prefer they did, but I know its just never going to work given the climate of the game today.

Nope. Just discussing the situation.
You are conflating my position with that of Blizzard’s.

They are the ones who made a change that makes your “way” harder."
I am just bringing up reasons why it isn’t a big deal.

2 Likes

Because your way is hardly playing and more just drooling over numbers 6 is one digit higher than 5.

Go play a human calculator simulator.

My only counterpoint is that I don’t think it’d be a big deal to let us play around with the new abilities they put all sorts of effort into, instead of forcing us to stick with one. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This guy has to be trolling.

1 Like

I think its a huge mistake myself.

Stuff like that isnt worth the aggro at this point. If Blizz keep covenants this way til 9.3 ill be shocked.