Does 5 DPS really Matter?

I think this particular quote is meant more to draw attention to the irony of trying to fine tune your character when your fundamentals are in need of work than to ridicule the maximizing itself, but I’d agree that it is presented poorly.

This is reductive and I agree it’s wrong.

But the main theme of what they posted, and the context of those quotes, wasn’t even about the covenants. Their comment cited covenants as a symptom of a larger issue, namely the community climate and the community’s involvement in the design process. They are entitled to that opinion. Telling them they can’t point out perceived issues within the community is trying to stifle them for no reason other than disagreement. You can’t be up in arms about what you see as a slight to you and others who want covenant restrictions lifted and then tell them they can’t point out trends they’ve seen.

Personally, I believe there are issues within the community, though I’d disagree that a relatively small portions desire to play at the highest level they can is the problem. The community can be quite toxic (see the forums), biased, etc. etc. That doesn’t mean anything to anybody else.

They literally do not have another option. If they have identified trends within the community that they take issue with, then how else are they going to describe the issue. It’s all anecdotal, it isn’t like they have a precise list of names and a collated collection of research on what demographics are doing what and who is saying this or that. They are also clearly not implying that it is every single player, “community” is obviously used in a general term to describe large swathes or the overall climate based on their perception. You can’t just tell people to perceive things differently.

And you would be entitled to that opinion. If you thought mounts were the worst thing in the world, who am I to tell you that isn’t an acceptable view. Nobody should be playing thought police.