Do You Think Your Class is Fun?

And when I say “fun”, this is in the context of how fun it was in previous expansions

What do you like about your class currently?

What do you dislike about your class currently?

The reason I ask is because I feel like a lot of people are miffed about class design this expansion. Yet after watching the Q&A and how little time Ion spent talking about class design, it does not seem to be at the forefront of “things to address”.

I would like to hear your thoughts.

Class design has not been fun since MOP.

26 Likes

Like: my class spec (disc) is strong

Dislike: much of the time it’s about as boring as watching paint dry.

2 Likes

i love grapple-hooking around and using a 2button rotation so i can mindlessly eat cookies while paying half attention to my screen.

but yeah i dont enjoy it quite as much as i used to enjoy MoP-WoD warlock and brewmaster

2 Likes

I am enjoying protection warrior, but I’m sure there’s ways to make it more fun.

Since I started playing FF14 years ago, I don’t really think any class in this game is fun anymore. It’s night and day.

7 Likes

Fury is the most fun it’s ever been. Arms isn’t great but still better than it’s been since wrath for me. Prot feels leagues better in 8.1, back to being fun like in Legion.

People who claim the game is too easy should spend a night in a mythic raid.

5 Likes

Blood is fine

Unholy and frost are a mess

1 Like

no. None of the classes I Play are particularly fun now. Tedious. Slow. Clunky. Not interesting.

13 Likes

Simple answer is No.

Long answer also no.

I keep trying other classes or to back to classes I played in other xpacks and all the mechanics have been watered down that none of my actions feel interesting or impactful on a fight to fight basis.

I feel like we need two more rows of talent choices since they have skipped adding those for the last two xpacks as well.

2 Likes

Yes and no.

It’s funny. A lot of classes were damn near perfect in MoP.

WoD brought the first round of pruning and completely annihilated the fun from those classes.

Legion brought a lot of that fun back.

BFA took the overall class design from Legion and watered it down greatly.

So, yeah, a few classes are still fun, but not nearly as fun as they used to be.

7 Likes

Oh man, Aff PvP in MoP was soooo much fun.

I love my hunter, I love him so much I am going to try and make one of every Horde race (different specs)! I main BM and it is fun, but it feels a little lackluster, I feel the changes from legion to BfA were for no reason other than there was a new expac and they HAD to make some changes. BM lacks its extra umph in burst, but overall we are still okay. SV looks fun, but I don’t have an issue killing them as BM at all so far. MM…well, we don’t talk about MM right now…haha.

Also I can’t throw animals at people anymore so that’s a bummer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Luckily they gave ele a buff so it’s been quite nice for me this patch.

1 Like

A good bit of classes respond well mechanically, however it’s a different story when you start trying to play as them. If you widen your scope and try to include Arena and M+ along with Mythic Raiding you’ll find out there’s very, VERY few classes that are viable and some are outright denied since BfA (Shamans) in the harder versions.

Fire Mage handles really well, same with most rogues. But the difference becomes night and day when you look upon classes that are downright ‘meh’ to play as, and it’s worse when said classes are people’s mains. Enh & Ele still need a boost. MM is really meh. And I can go on poking at every class but it seems like they’ve broken the base in how classes function which seems odd because Legion had it done really well.

i thought with celestalon getting demo…errr moving. classes would improve. Sadly they didnt. Though there is a very easy solution… rehire xelnath.

6 Likes

I am having a blast on Fury Warrior. I cant speak to older iterations

I loved the old Outlaw rogue, but since the pirate version came to be and they literally have an RNG buff skill, that killed any chances of that being my main anymore.

The Fury Warrior reminds of the old Outlaw. Fast paced and fun.

1 Like

my top 3 classes this expansion as far as fun goes.

1. warlock. this is my main. i usually main demo but decided to switch to aff for a bit for a change of pace. both specs are fun. i have a low level warlock i’ve been playing destro on which is also tons of fun. the thing i like best though is the dot focus. with demo it’s the imps/pets with aff it’s the dots themselves. i find it a lot of fun to do that kind of damage. i haven’t really pvped this expansion much except trying out arena for the first time, as demo, and i decided maybe i’ll try again next expansion. that’s the least fun thing currently. i do light raiding with my guild and i pull my weight. and raiding with them is fun.

2. shaman. idgaf what anyone says ele is one of the most fun specs in the game. i have a resto set i use to heal lfr with. also an enh set that i mostly made and is now in my bank. i love ele so much still. i have a 120 orc shaman, 110 dwarf shaman (that i deleted with all my other ally alts but i’ll get around to him again eventually), and now i just made a baby maghar to play as ele leveling up. he’s 23 right now because i got distracted by irl stuff today. the “fantasy” of ele and resto are two of the best in the game imo. they’re not perfect for mythic raids but for what i do they’re great. and they’re fun, to me, and that’s all i care about.

3. hunter i play BM mostly but mess around with SV on the side. i have a set for it. BM i like my spirit beasts and doing damage with my pet. and if you haven’t noticed i have a preference for pet specs. lol.

i don’t play my paladin as much anymore but they’re right up there too with being fun if you completely forget ret exists. it’s probably the worst dps spec i’ve played. it’s just so bad. though for me prot for the world and holy for lfr/dungeons.

1 Like

I think my class is very fun. I switched to the demonic spec for BfA, and I find it much more fun than the momentum spec. I very much enjoy the combat animations of havoc demon hunters.

I don’t really dislike anything about my class; if I was forced to answer, I’d say its reliance on haste. But that’s only because in the low 300s, gear has an absolute dearth of haste. Like… I was down to sub 5% for a bit, there, after hitting 120 and 300. Where I’m at now is perfectly acceptable.

Yeah I like it, I like classes where there is no stress and not much to do

I like feral druid because I like cats and I can change into cat form, with feline attack and defense abilities. I also like the heal.

I hate having to change to normal form to heal and then turn back to cat form to fight.