Do you think the Sethrak and Mechagnome fanbase will ever get along?

I doubt that. If it was meant to be more about how easy things were, then why didn’t they go with gilgoblins? I was hoping for gilgoblins. That said I am not relentlessly trashing the Vulpera fanbase cause I’d have preferred gilgoblins. Even though I’d have rather gilgoblins, I think the core problem with the way allied race were set up and the slots system. If either of the following happened, things wouldn’t have been such a problem:

1. They had made allied races more unique from the beginning or stuck to the pattern or reskins.

2. There hadn’t been a slots system in the first place so people wouldn’t worry about one coming in place of the other. If they had done that from the beginning then it would be less about one race coming in place of another and more so if a race became playable or not.

I wanted Sethrak just so I could laugh when Blizzard put boobs on a snake. Love me some snitties tho

Honestly, the one thing that I thought was a massive wasted opportunity for the Alliance was to have the Bristleback be written as a plausible allied race; It would have been easy enough to have written them as having been retaliating against the stormsong citizenry because they believed that they were in league with the old gods and then done a whole thing where we learn more about them and get their help in assaulting Shrine.

And it would have given the alliance players a race that wasn’t just more humans or dwarves or whatever but instead a race that has been around for ages, has the potential for interesting racials, good class options and the abscence of a horse mount.

But because it isn’t High elves or Vrykhul it would of course be immediately pilloried as a horrible insult to the alliance player base.

1 Like

High elves. Or just something else that was highly asked for. MG kinda came out of left field at the time.

Bristleback would be pretty cool. Personally I also think it would have been amazing if they introduced some kind of bee race that maybe we aided in stormsong valley, but that’s just me.

53 does not make a fanbase.

Ah yes, high elves! A race that is so bland and generic that the only thing that distinguishes them is that they’re basically Weebs for human culture.

1 Like

53 alone no, but one has to assume there is thousands of people playing mechagnomes in game and enjoying them. After all. The forums is only like 1% of the fanbase and discords only like .001%of the fanbase. I’ll bet you the vast majority of people who just play in game may be somewhat oblivious to the many people hating that race. There are some races, I didn’t even realize were that popular such as high elves, San’layn and vulpera till I came to the forums for the first time like way back around June last year.

Back before I started using the forums, I assumed that some of the most popular unplayable races were naga and ogres. I don’t even see a naga megathread here nor a naga discord.

1 Like

Given that I spend the vast majority of my time playing Alliance on one of the highest population realms. I have seen a total of two Mechagnomes since they’ve been released.
I think it’s a lot less than thousands.

I think part of it is just that it can be easy to be oblivious to them. Mechagnomes are small and they look similar to gnomes. I am not denying they are among the least popular of allied races, but even if only like 1% of the wow player base is playing one. That has to be thousands of people.

If that’s what the community wanted then honestly who cares. Alliance wants those dang things more than anything. And honestly I am more sure people want tails for Worgens more than they wanted MG. I would rather them have get something they want rather than something blizzard thinks they want.

1 Like

Oh I very much doubt 1% of the player base is playing them.
I’m sure the number is somewhere closer to 0.001%.

ok first, MECHANGOMES HAVE A FANBASE???

but also, people wanted sethrak FAR before mechagnomes (BfA mechangomes) existed.

1 Like
1 Like

Technically people have wanted Mechagnomes even longer. There was requests in legion for the mechagnomes seen in Northrend.

Mechanization should have been a customization for all races. That little gnome girl is always trying to push a new arm on me no matter the race I’m playing.

And I’d rather that the the alliance get something unique then a cheap knock off of what the horde has because they can’t deal with a decision that was made 13 years ago.

Yes but those were requests for actual mechagnomes, not the garbage midgets we got.

The sad thing is they didn’t. They started dropping hints at them with BfA’s release, with the junker area in Tiragarde. There was thread after thread of people literally begging Blizzard not to add them as a race. Once Mechagon released and we actually got a look at them, those threads tripled in frequency.

And then they added them anyways :man_shrugging:t4:

As for the OP: this feels like bait, but there’s plenty of people who want Sethrak playable that are fine with or ambivalent to mechagnomes. However, there’s naturally going to be some crossover of people who wanted a unique new race and people who are extremely disappointed with what we got.

Sethraliss is a female snake loa. Her avatar is the final boss in the Temple of Sethraliss dungeon. She looks dope.

Like lightforged draenei, like void elves, they all came out of nowhere when Blizz realized they had to give Alliance ARs. :roll_eyes:

:clap: Thanks for being a true ally for the worgen and Alliance, Fenneko.

We got that anyway. Still no tails tho.

I remember that! I was a part of that! Alliance were BEGGING devs not to do it to us. There were memes about it, “watch Horde get cool fox people and Alliance get robot gnomes,” and it actually happened. When Ion said he wanted to give the Alliance “more grit” and the Horde some softness, it made total sense that vulpera and sethrak would be split among us. God, it’s a disappointment.

1 Like

Again: it makes zero sense for the Sethrakk to join the alliance.

1 Like