Do you think the leveling xp will be better in Cataclysm?

It’s not very good at the momment in Wrath, at least to me. It takes forever, and it’s so grueling. I know people are going to make fun of me, but I’m trying to catch up to my friend, and it’s making me want to quit. I’m getting a 50% xp buff, but it feels so insignificant to me.

If you heal just do soul crushing randoms.

2 Likes

Leveling in wrath does feel pretty slow honestly. SoD leveling is actually faster currently and retail is obviously much faster (and will have an even faster leveling event soon with MoP remix).

I think there might be some leveling improvement in the pre-patch but I don’t think we know for sure yet.

Leveling in Cata will be faster paced (if I remember correctly). Get you heirlooms now while you can before Cata drops - they will also help quite a bit.

What are you leveling, and how?

Is random dungeon queues the fastest/best way? Maybe… I think you could probably mix it up between questing and randoms, but yeah… leveling can feel pretty boring.

I thought it would be pretty slow, because it’s like however long 70 to 80 is now in Northrend it’ll be about that long from 80 to 85, so even though you’re doing a full zone for questing, you might only get 1 level in like a whole day (or less).

I could also be remembering this wrong.

:woman_shrugging:

From what I remember and yes, I’m old and can’t remember what I had for breakfast this morning :slight_smile: I thought the leveling was fairly fast in Cata, even at low levels.

Cata is pretty fast up to 84. 84 to 85 is a bit of a slog. Of course having every player in the game on 2 servers might make it a pretty big slog. Ngl.

Well, I’d imagine the lower level leveling to go faster due to normal catchup mechanics, but I’m thinking that the last stretch 80-85 is going to be about as much as 70-80 is in Wrath Classic without the XP bonus or 60-70 was in TBC.

Leveling in original Wrath was way faster. You used to be able to stack RAF+ Rested XP+ CTA BG bonus+BoAs and hit max level super quick using that tactic on multiple toons. This time around that was not the case. They just added level boosts instead. $60 ones.

Bingo!
Why speed up leveling when there’s money to make.

1 Like

If I recall correctly and it’s done the same as originally, Low levels will zip by quite quickly. Even faster with looms. Never fast enough for the short attention span theater crowd though and certainly not at the ridiculous pace of current retail low level leveling. Keep in mind looms cap at 80 until they release the upgrades and since gear makes such a huge jump from 80 to 81 you’d be taking a big hit to stats to use them beyond 80. The xp buff is on armor, not trinkets so probably not wise to keep them on unless you need their ability for something.

This exists in WotLK classic now and they have Joyous Journeys on top of it. So Classic Wotlk should be faster than OG Wotlk.

1 Like

I swapped from dungeon spam to Questing (68-70) and that seems to be going much faster (70-75). At the very least questing isn’t as soul crushing as repeating the same 2-6 dungeons.

1 Like

That’s the key really. You can get from like 58 to 62 in hellfire peninsula alone, but you are really only going to get 2 levels at most in a wotlk zone.

Dungeon spam with a good group is going to be way faster than questing, but dungeon spam in the 60s almost gives a third of a level in one dungeon, but in the 70s you need like fifteen dungeons for a level.

The reduced XP needed below 70 also helps make think dungeon spam is faster at lower levels. And because you level quicker and reach different dungeons at lower levels, it feels a bit more fresh.

the rdf gets better in cata an beyond cuz they add the dungeon quests inside of them rather than having to go get them.

Oh, I guess that could be kind of interesting.

I’m not a big fan of RDF in Wrath right now, because it takes a long time, turns people away from forming or joining our own groups, and there are silly (imo) dissections of instances, so we aren’t finishing Mara or Sunken Temple runs, or even ZF. People just b-line to whatever boss, then dip.

Not my favorite for leveling dungeons, but I guess for people who didn’t like forming their own groups or building guild communities around dungeon leveling, it might seem better…

yea i think they also break apart some of the mega dungeons into 2 different parts so for example mara becomes 2 or even 3 dungeons.

Literally just sat in a 12 minute queue to get BRD (which would be a great instance, but) which was just kill like 2-3 pulls of trash mobs, and the prison guard boss… then done.

R.I.P.

Anyway, it is what it is :slight_smile:

Leveling in wrath with a 50% XP buff and STILL complaining. This is why Blizzard never should have put in this buff. No hand out is ever good enough for lazy entitled players.
:axe:

Based. About to level a priest in prep for cata