Do you think the leveling xp will be better in Cataclysm?

I had several 80s in real wrath. I just leveled a paladin and priest 1-80 in WotLKC. I found it far more tedious than I remember, even with the 50% buff. Most of my 80s in wrath probably only had to do 70-80 though.

I think RDF spam leveling currently is slower than questing. I had leveled a Druid to 80 with the buff awhile back just before they added RDF and I think that was actually faster.

Without the level scaling system retail uses, there’s also a lot fewer players to potentially queue into in various level ranges on top of the dungeon quests not being in the dungeons.

Hopefully the dungeon version of Call to Arms is added to Cata as well which should help at least with max level RDF queue times (would be nice if they added it to leveling dungeons as well). It was originally added in 4.1 so it should be in CataC.

I do still think there’s some unannounced leveling improvements we haven’t seen yet since they were advertised when CataC was announced but we haven’t seen or heard more specifics about yet.

Improved Leveling Experience

Rise to new heights of power with a smoother and accelerated leveling experience.

This is mentioned in a section about improvements where every feature listed is something that wasn’t in original Cata, so I expect CataC to have faster leveling than the original.

1 Like

In OG wotlk used RAF (x3 xp) to level 5 chars, and then i had my buddy “gift” me levels from those toons to boost me 3 more characters. Leveling was soooo much faster back then.

I always thought I made more XP questing that I did from dungeons but never really tried to prove it.

Really? Where the RAF?

I haven’t seen the Triple XP Refer-A-Friend feature in the game for many years now. You sure it’s in Wotlk classic?

I dont get the whole attitude.

You realize WoW is at its core a grinding game. Even if you hit level cap what do you think you are going to do? Exactly…grinding dungeons, gear over and over. if you dont enjoy the playing itself (which you suggest you dont as leveling isnt your thing) I doubt the game itself is for you because you ll do leveling at max level as well, just for other things.

What I just realized is that Walking/Riding Questing in Northrend is a little faster feeling than dungeon spam, but flying/riding quest is SUPER fast. Doesn’t come up on the main toon but for alts with the book from Dal getting flight earlier it really speeds it along.

I’ll admit, I read RAF and my brain read it as RDF.

Whoops

Work for 2 hours and buy a boost. Or play for 3 days and level

:joy:

/10char

Now that you mention it yes, I forgot it does go/seem faster with cold weather flying for alts.