Do you think that Ogres will ever be added to the game?

No thank you.

Unless they’re added as an Alliance race.

Yet something like Void Elves are playable. Ogres have been part of the horde since the beginning. For the new horde (Thralls horde onwards) you got the ogres in Dustwallow that were once led by Rexxar. So that little, “little actual lore behind them” is purely false.

Can always downplay the size and make them the same height as say Kul Tirans.

5 Likes

If they are, a racial trait should be 50% chance to hit the wrong target.

1 Like

I don’t think so.

They’re as likely as High Elves.

% chance to become dazed upon any action. While dazed, both ogre heads will argue with each other about who the smart one is.

I think the Ogres would be a wonderful addition to the game.

Bagzak’s thread shows both why and how, as well as debunking most of the concerns people share.

3 Likes

They’re in the same boat as naga being playable so I’ll say it blunty:

Until hell freezes over, no.

2 Likes

If Blizzard added them to the game I would give up Alliance if they were added for horde, except for my human paladin. I would race change all my other classes to ogres. Ogres have great personalities!

2 Likes

They are long, long, long overdue, and there’s really no reason not to have them now that the Horde brought remnants of the Gorian empire with the Mag’har.

The fact that we’ve gone this long without getting any races with a “lovable dumb muscle” personality (ie, Kronk, Knuckles, Heavy Weapons Guy) is baffling.

6 Likes

The poor multi billion dollar company surely cannot afford this undertaking.

4 Likes

Aren’t gnomes one the least played races? And yet… mecha gnomes.

8 Likes

Think of all the resources and development time being wasted on choreghast instead of meaningful long lasting stuff like races or class design

4 Likes

A horrible investment on their part really. They even gave mechagnomes the strongest racial setup in the game…but no one wants to play them.

Although there aren’t a lot of statistics available nowadays…I would be willing to bet cute races (vulpera), Elves, and Humans are still the most popular races.

Mechagnomes and ogres dont fall in any of those categories

2 Likes

Not really. The reality is that we were only ever going to get some kind of gnome for the gnome AR. People who expected otherwise were setting themselves up for disappointment. Plus blizzard shouldn’t just cater to only popular requests. That said. I think it would have been better to pair them with gilgoblins instead.

Although there aren’t a lot of statistics available nowadays…I would be willing to bet cute races (vulpera), Elves, and Humans are still the most popular races.

~https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/442084804633034762/760978826175447090/2020-09-30_17_37_44-World_of_Warcraft_WoW_Census_-_85550437_Toons._7494093_Guilds…png

They are in 8th place. This screenshot was taken about a month before the wowcensus went down and vulpera and they had remained in that position for about 4 months prior so its probably safe to say that is where they will remain.

An easy idea would for the the ogre clans (Stonemaul, Dunemaul, and AU Stonemaul) within the Horde to unite under Rexxar. Not only can this be done at anytime, Blizzard would have a more recognizable character in place over creating a new one. Furthermore if Blizzard decides to extra lazy when coming a name for the united ogres, they could be all “Rexxar brought the ogres into the Mok’nathal.”

Alternatively if we ever seriously return to Outland, the Ogri’la, could end joining the Horde.

2 Likes

Don’t listen to all those alliance jealous player. The only reason orgre aren’t playable is because of their size. Otherwise, there is no reason for them not being playable as they would 100% fit in the horde and is one of the most requested race.

2 Likes

Blizzard can easily have playable ogres be more Tauren-size over their larger counterparts.

4 Likes

Well sure. Being reasonable goes out the window when you can copy/paste an existing race and pass it off as new content with almost zero work on the development end.

3 Likes

People are forgetting though that they were to be a gnome AR. They make perfect sense as a gnome variant.

2 Likes

Check back in 2030….