Do you think Sylvanas still loves Alleria and Vereesa?

Sylvanas in Three Sisters elected not to kill not her two sisters ultimately, despite the temptation to do so.

And both Alleria and Vereesa show up during the War Campaign ending to scout her lines for weakness. Do you think Sylvanas deep down inside still loves them, and would she possibly show them mercy again if they ever encountered each other?

Also, another thing most people have overlooked – does this not mean that she was telling the truth that she would “never betray” them, as her lie was that she was not proud to be Warchief? “The Horde is nothing”, etc.

6 Likes

Perhaps Vereesa, but at Lordaeron Sylvanas had her blight trap set off with Alleria there, seemingly showing Alleria no mercy any more.

Though, given Alleria’s void portal powers, Sylvanas could have expected that Alleria would have gotten herself and the Alliance leaders out of the trap unharmed, so that’s not an absolute, either.

5 Likes

Maybe to Vereesa but Alleria. Not so much.

In fact Sylvanas pretty much hated her living Sisters.

I’m pretty sure Sylvanas still loves her sisters.

I also think her concept of love is so far screwed that she thought murdering her little sister would be viewed as a good thing by both parties soooo.

41 Likes

Yeah. I think she has the kind of “love” Thanos had for Gamora and Nebula. You know, the kind that allows him to slaughter half their home planet, pit them against one another in battles to near death, torture one, and sacrifice the other. But he feels really bad and sheds a tear about it.

So sure, Sylvanas probably “loves” her sisters, but not in a healthy way.

And I suspect it’s a similar situation regarding Nathanos.

17 Likes

They’d cause more death alive than dead. It would have caused her to lose the degree of element of surprise they had in the War of Thorns.

No.

It’s Sylvanas, she could be lying about how often she’s lying. You can trust the woman about as far as… actually never mind, you just can’t trust the woman. She was about to betray them in that comic, wouldn’t have had the urge to if she’d never do so. Alternatively, she could be proud that she manipulated her way into the position of being Warchief, how the title meant she’d duped them all.

1 Like

I don’t think she’s capable of love anymore. But she spared them out of a sense of nostalgia.

2 Likes

i think she is capable of love its just muted.

17 Likes

She seemed to feel pity for that Night Elf in the Teldrassil cinematic before she turned that pity into rage five seconds later.

6 Likes

If I had just looked at the comic prior to BfA’s launch, I would have said yes, she did.

Now that I’ve seen the abomination that is BfA’s Sylvanas, no. She empirically does not. When she saw that moment of honesty from Vereesa, all she thought was it was a better way to exploit the Alliance. She had been trying to goad them into all out war, and knowing that her sisters still had some restraint for her meant that she could use them better, alive. If they continued to hesitate, she could cause even more death. If she killed and raised them there, then the Alliance and Horde might have teamed up against her early.

I believe absolutely none of the “sympathy” they tried to portray in her that comic. She is utterly irredeemable in my eyes.

2 Likes

Yes, to the extent that she’s still capable of feeling love. But that extent, and the form her love now takes, is debatable.

4 Likes

Yeah, pretty much this. She loves them about as well as a sociopath can love anyone but themselves.

7 Likes

What did she mean by the statement, “You’ll soon join your loved ones.” I mean, did she mean to burn Teldrassil all along? There was also a time during the invasion in Ashenvale when she mused over the fact that the kaldorei knew that their home would burn or something.

She knew very well that her sister could create Void portals, Alleria and Vereesa literally left through one during their last reunion. So even if Jaina had never appeared, Alleria could have saved them all anyway.

1 Like

If she’s been working with the Jailer since Edge of Night the context we have for this now is “You’ll soon join your loved ones in the Maw.”

1 Like

Sylvannas started her meeting with her two sisters with hidden assasins prepared to kill them both. Apparently neither sister realized just how much danger they were in.

I’m pretty sure at this point, that Sylvannas has reached a state where everything and everyone is disposable to her.

4 Likes

My personal thought is that up until the end of War Crimes, yes. I feel like until she and Vareesa began plotting and planning that she likely didn’t believe herself capable of feeling much of anything beyond rage and hate. And while I believe she began with the thought of using Vareesa to accomplish their goal (killing Garrosh) the series of meetings opened her to feeling a connection with Vareesa again.

The feeling I took away from it was that the ‘twin moons’ were quite close in life and that feeling was still there, just buried deep. She began to feel again, but it was an uncomfortable feeling for her, thus she was trying to lure Vareesa to join her in undeath so they could be together again but in a form that would allow her to be close again, but without that uncomfortable feeling and more as allies in death and destruction.

With Alleria I think it was more the lingering ache of loss as she believed her sister lost beyond the dark portal. She still kept the necklace we returned to her tucked away, a reminder of her lost life, lost family. But when Alleria returned she wasn’t that loving sister, she was an enemy.

The three sisters comic pretty much showed that whatever Alleria had felt for Sylvannas has turned to distaste and add the whispers saying ‘ENEMY, KILL, KILL, KILL’ didn’t help soften it. Yet when we are preparing to start the assualt on Ogrimmar, you do see a moment of…what seems to be softening (lets not kill her) but at the same time calculation (she has an army we need against N’zoth). So when it came to Alleria, no I think Sylvannas could kill her and laugh doing so. But I still feel with Vareesa there is a lingering attachment somewhere deep that won’t allow her to do it.

Now post ‘You are all nothing’, I doubt she feels anything for anyone.

I would say the whispers were the only thing that stayed Alleria’s hand!

Funny how N’Zoth’s whispers gave Alleria the idea to save Sylvanas! N’Zoth is really bad at whispers! His whispers are way too honest for their own good! Yogg-Saron and Xal’atath are smarter(and more deceptive) with their whispers.

1 Like

Dont think sylvanas even loves sylvanas never mind anyone else.

1 Like

I think something it’s planned for the three sisters… I hope only that it’s something good :confused:

2 Likes

She is a Narcissist. Narcissists try to be perfect due to self loathing. They don’t love themselves which is why they have to be perfect and be admired as they hate their true selves!

Narcissists also lack Empathy(just as Psychopaths/Antisocials and Malevolent Antisocials/Sociopaths do) and only care about what are considered possessions and extensions of themselves.

2 Likes