Do you think fresh 60s will be queuing with ilvl250 peeps

I’m 9.1. That should be a blast for everyonr

3 Likes

Yes, it’s been that way with all expansions. Max item level goes up, fresh max level item level stays the same.

4 Likes

Fresh 60’s don’t want to Q with 226. Why the hell would they play vs 250.

Maybe there will be a catch up mechanic. But its Blizz so they will prob introduce something that does the opposite like fresh 60’s only earn half honor and must do a video on how much they love PVP before they can earn honor at 100% rate.

8 Likes

Even if there is a catch up mechanic, there will be people that won’t use it and they will just jump straight into random BGs to start getting honor for the new honor gear. It will make for some extremely poor quality BGs.

I expect the new PVP gear will have a set bonus that immediately kills all enemies around you with a gear score less than 200.

8 Likes

No they don’t. But blizzard never got that message

3 Likes

yup.

gonna be real fun when half ur team has 22k hp and half the ppl on the other team have 60k hp

but its ok, i hear that if the 22k hp players r very skilled they can overcome the gear gap.

26 Likes

Isnt that the same since the first patch of the first expansion

yes, because Blizzard will claim everyone is 226 by the end of this patch lmao

1 Like

It was the same situation in MoP and what they did there they added some PvE honor rewards in the world which you could do to get up to speed somewhat. Maybe they could do something similar here.

That’s why you should start catching up with your alts in the 2 months or so you still have until 9.1. That lvl 53 you posted on won’t be getting to 60 or getting gear on the forums :wink:

There are a half dozen ways to get to a reasonable ilvl in a week or so. If you choose not to use any of them, not sure what can be done.

I’m not sorry you can’t afk premade ashran against 5 alliance and bis gear in a weekend.

Just out of curiosity, what are these?
No1 in lfg wants a 190 spriest for rbgs, despite it being my higher exp character.
Same goes for arena, if you start a group it’ll take at least an hour before some1 that isn’t a complete waste of time signs up, and it’s 25 poins per win, out of 11k.
World boss is only 1 rng drop per week, barely helps at all since most of the time it drops nothing.
What did I miss? I may have missed something so any tips are welcome.

The gear disparity now is already as bad as the last patch of an expansion. Imagine what it going to be for the next two major content patches.

1 Like

primary difference from more popular pvp expansions is that this one has an absolutely massive pvp grind to try to catch you gear up where the more popular xpacs would give you a nice solid baseline honor set in a day or three

and the gap between honor and conquest in those xpacs was very small and conquest was BIS for pvp

1 Like

its a butchery already with 22-30k players vs 40k +

2 Likes

Yikes. Hopefully the pvp honor gear will start at 197 lol

The catch up will come at the end of the expansion probably 2 months before it ends at best.

Sounds like they need to git gud

Buy the 168 blue BoE’s, Necrolord campaign for the 197 gear with vers, switch to venathyr for mindgames. Farm your wep, rings, trinkets, and neck with honor then start forming your own ‘high xp low cr’ RBG groups around 180ilvl. At least that’s what I did on my Havoc Demon Hunter (minus I didn’t switch to Vanathyr).

Campaign took me 9 hours on a MW monk solo, so probably faster for an Spriest.