Do you think Classics ToA would allow this?

Ok, so, hypothetically… let us say I have over $500 million and plan on playing Classic WoW like 60+ hours a week. I have 3 other people live in my mansion and pay them $50k a year + housing/food/utilities free on me. The catch is they have to play WoW 7 hours a day and funnel 90% of their gold to me. During the 7 hours, they are strictly making as much gold as they can. Whoever makes more than 5000g gets an extra $300 for the week.

This way all I have to do is raid and PvP all while being fully flasked/elixered/potted/etc. I can get the rest myself, like tubers/dragons breath/etc. So I can be that 8.5k HP Elemental Mage going around PvPing all day.

Would any of this break ToS/ToA?
If so, what would one have to do to make it work so it is not against the ToS/ToA?

is this what young hipsters nowadays call “flexing”?

14 Likes

How on earth is anyone going to make 5K good in a week…

Serious question, because if love to know that technique.

Lucky Epic Drop. 100g+ an hour farming methods. Playing the AH. There is plenty of ways.

Lucky epics?! You’d be better served taking up fishing to get the ashbringer.

2 Likes

OP owns a business and is about to divert some of his employees to play WoW instead.

Giving you gold is not against the ToS. That is until your employees admit to a Blizzard GM that they’re getting paid IRL for it.

Then you’re boned.

Better hope you don’t have any employees who hate you, because they could junk your operation on their way out.

3 Likes

I bet the OP is around 13 years old and has zero dollars to their name.

If I was 13 then I learned Dual Specialization when I was 3. :slight_smile: lol

As far as I’m aware it’s not against the ToS to give someone gold, only for people to sell it.
Maybe theres a way around the ToS by trading something worth $X to the people involved?

But I’m pretty sure theres a heap of loopholes blizzard have in their ToS that allow them to ban anybody at anytime for anything.

Thats only 143g PH.Not an unachieveable amount but def a nuisance to farm consistantly.

If I had 500 million dollars I’d probably create my own MMORPG. With flapjacks and hookers in every game jam.

4 Likes

Actually it is 5555.555555555556g in 49 hours which = 113.3786848072562g/hour where 102.0408163265306g/hour goes to me.

Giving people gold or items or whatever in WoW is not against any rules.

Doing it for real world things is, if Blizzard ever finds out that’s what you’re doing which they wont unless somebody specifically tells them.

The fact you’d have multiple characters funneling nearly everything they get into you however? That would be incredibly suspicious. It might get your account locked just because they think you’re a gold seller.

and you’d have a rather difficult time explaining all this to them without admitting you were paying people IRL to farm gold for you =P

3 Likes

What if we are all in the same guild and they give 5kg/week each for the guild tax (to stay in the guild).

Doesn’t even matter if it’s 100 gold per hour per player…

Who needs that much to raid?

No one…

If I want to PvP let’s say 40 hours in a week I would need 20 flasks of the titans. Then include pots/elixirs/food and then you will understand why it is needed.

Buying the flasks, just a total waste of time…

Pay some of your todies to farm and make your flasks.

Need other consumables? Manufacture that too.

Money is nice, but to truly be wealthy is to own the means of production and distribution.

Because as you should understand, money is only as good as the promise and faith made by the system of banking that it’s a medium for trade that they, the bankers are charging you the user usery for.

6 Likes

I sort of feel like they wouldn’t go for that.

Is this your way of asking if you buy gold will you get banned?

Probably.

1 Like

The moment anybody reports you for being the human version of Gallywix, Blizzard will check your gold transactions, and getting such large amounts on a weekly basis is like raising a giant red flag, the same goes for the people giving you that gold.

1 Like

So you are saying just have the 3 people make what I would otherwise be spending the gold on? Just have them Donate the stuff to the Guild bank and have them retain the gold on their accounts instead of funneling it to me.

This sounds much better to me. Ty

1 Like