Do you think Anduin's Armistice includes Darkshore?

Have to keep the Warfront running after all.

I don’t get why Anduin can decide to make peace with the horde without a vote of the other leaders of the Alliance. I thought High king was simply a Miltrary command, he wouldn’t have the authority to make that call.

I mean certainly the Tyrande and Genn wouldn’t agree. I doubt the dwarves would of gnomes after what happen with Gelbin.

They keep telling us that he doesn’t have that power but then treat it exactly like a Warchief position.

Be nice if they actually attempted to treat the Alliance as well an Alliance and stop giving our themes to the Horde.

8 Likes

and arthai warfront is still running, so the humans and orcs are still fighting?

That’s a good question. Keep in mind that every thing you do in this game is tied to a particular time in the history, so either those battles are still going on, or each time you play them you’re reliving a series of events.

Until and unless those battles are canonically resolved, the answer is … pick the one that suits.

It always has been more than that… even in the days when the Alliance was that of Lordaeron.

The High King command was never a thing back in when Lordearon was a member

3 Likes

Lordaeron was not merely a member. It was the central backbone of he old Alliance, the exact same way that Stormwind is now. Kind of a First Among Equals Deal. It was under the banner of Lordaeron that the Alliance had it’s first victory against the Horde. Now that banner is the Lion Banner of Stormwind.

What are you Talking about Lordearon was maybe the strongest nation but they NEVER lead the alliance. It was a council of leaders that decided who would lead the Armies as supreme commander(lothar) it was the Kings who voted at the end of the war the fate of the orcs.

No one person ever held all the power at any one point till the introduced the High king.

5 Likes

All of that happened under the aegis of King Terenas of the Arathor line. It was his lineage alone that brought the High Elves into the war. His was the central unifying voice of the old Alliance. Without him, they would have not overcome their distrust of each other. And when his leadership began to fail, so did his Alliance.

Wow you Really don’t know the Lore, Lothar was the heir of Arator and he was from Stormwind. its why the Kings choose Lothar as leader of the alliance armies as he wasn’t a king of a Nation but was of the Line of Arator.

Can you stop making stuff up.

People wonder why the Alliance seems so rubbish these days. its completely changed from what it was and players have forgotten or don’t know what actually made it an Alliance in the first place.

This is exactly why the whole High king thing is a betrayal of what the Alliance stands for and why its a horribly written position. Anduin is abusing the position to put his desires first and foremost and disregards all other members of the Alliance.

13 Likes

Sentinel Hill has been on Fire for almost a Decade. The actual solution would be to phase out the Fire.

They haven’t.

Darkshore will forever be in a state of Green Goop

5 Likes

The Horde lost when Garrosh was dethroned too… it ended with the kaldorei giving them land. My hope is that this land will be given back to the kaldorei in any treaty, but since this seems to be MoP 2.0, well, that may be unlikely.

Darkshore may very well already be taken back, as stated prior the different warfronts appear to be in chronological order, with the Horde one happening before the Alliance one. It stretches things pretty far that the Horde would be able to hold it while apparently losing on every front, and then being able to field an army in Orgrimmar when the rebels show up.

The Horde doesn’t even need Stonetalon or Azshara any more, they have all the lumber and land they could ever need on the Broken Isles, or even Zandalar. Moreover, if the Forsaken are playing somewhat nice, I’m willing to bet a lot of them, and other Horde races, could move into the Western Plaguelands.

As I’ve said before in another thread, revamping all those zones to reflect them being Kaldorei owned is a tall order, but I’d be happy with even a one off line somewhere stating they’ve been given back. Otherwise the Horde… basically has no repercussions at all, for anything.

7 Likes

Except they can’t, so…yeah…

I don’t see why it wouldn’t. Based on the warfront lead up material the only Horde race with a material investment in Darkshore appear to be the Forsaken, and that investment is hinged on Val’kyr being there to claim sentinels to join the mighty undead war machine. As of the armistice there are no Val’kyr and I’m not sure there is a mighty undead war machine so there is no reason for the Horde to want Darkshore, at least not before more local territorial gains can be claimed in Ashenvale.

As for the other side of the argument, Tyrande has plenty of reasons to refuse to sign an armistice even if it includes a complete Horde withdrawal of Darkshore and Ashenvale. And by plenty I really just mean the one reason, dead night elves, that she has many many times. In fact, there are so many dead night elves that it could now be difficult for her people to claim and use any territorial lands they recover, making the restoration of Night Elf lands in Darkshore and Ashenvale not just grossly insufficient from her perspective, but also irrelevant.

2 Likes

This war has been a net gain for both the Kalimdor Horde and the human kingdoms of the alliance. They gained either land full of resources to exploit or land that’s sacred to a vocal minority, and the other races paid the blood price. Bonus points: BtS hard retconned the Forsaken into not caring that much about Lorderon. How convenient.

Small wonder the Horde keeps starting wars, the Alliance keeps rewarding them for it.

10 Likes

The point is that she wouldn’t even entertain the idea if the Horde chose nor to pull out of those areas. Nor to mention that were losing badly. Add to that the fact that they needed to fortify Orgrimmar during Saurfang’s seige and I HIGHLY doubt they had to ability to keep fighting. At this point there’s probably nothing but a small force left there if that.

True that the civilians population was took a massive loss but lots escape and her army is largly intact. That were well into reclaiming those lands before the war ended. As for use, those lands will always have use for them.

This I agree with. Just pulling out its insufficient after everything they’ve done.

Ashenvale and Darkshore were homes to many so they are never going to be irrelevant as it’s part of her people’s territory.

6 Likes

She’s NOT entertaining the idea. Hence her refusing to sign the armistice.

The alliance needs a commander of the Alliance Forces, someone like Jerod shadowsong would work great.

Sentinnel Hill catching on fire was part of the Defias Brotherhood stroyline that happened back in Ctaclysm, before the introduction of the NPC to unphase content. Also, was putting out the fires at Sentinel Hill ever a quest you had to do? It’d be one thing for NPCs in game to say and act like Sentinel Hill’s fire have been put out when they haven’t at all. It’s another thing if they simply don’t follow up on the story thread of the aftermath of the whole thing at all.

You undead think you can make Sam attractive! It won’t work!

4 Likes