Do you prefer Garrosh or Sylvanas?

which leader do you think was better or worse as a character, in your opinion??

Oh this should be good.

18 Likes

“which refuse bin is your favorite?”

12 Likes

What a horrible decision to make, I refuse to answer

5 Likes

They both have good backstories and are good characters. I’d prefer neither of them as a warchief, but they both have their good character traits/flaws.

10 Likes

Vol’jin, mon.

12 Likes

Thrall is the True Chief.

10 Likes

This vote is unfair, because we haven’t seen how A Basic Campfire would perform during a faction war.

31 Likes

Oh boy, this should be good. Garrosh fans vs. Sylvanas fans, which one is the more depraved of the two?

3 Likes

The answer is Sylvanas. If you are going to be a dictator you might as well look good while you do it.

9 Likes

This is unironically the best argument for Sylvanas I’ve seen.

12 Likes

Saurfang if you want bad leader who is leaded by good values, but that he interpreted in a wrong way.
Sylvanas if you want just bad leader who is “bad because she like it”.
From one side we have someone who goes wrong, on the other side we have just a monster.

Sylvanas seems to be impulsive and not much of a tactician in War yet knows how to deal with uppity leaders unlike Garrosh who seems to make clever tactics in battle when it’s just him and the Alliance yet fails to deal with other threats in favor of beating the Alliance and does not know how to deal with uppity leaders.

Garrosh’s focus on the Alliance was his weakness which blinded him to all other threats(the Lich King, Twilight’s Hammer, AU Frostwolves and AU Draenei) in his haste to get rid of the Alliance thus leading to his downfall.

Garrosh has battle tactics yet has problems with uppity leaders as well as problems with priorities while Sylvanas has her priorities in order and is capable of dealing with uppity leaders yet has problems with battle tactics.

Garrosh was better because he was waaaay more entertaining.

And they never tried to pretend he was super competent when they made him make bonehead decision after bonehead decision.

13 Likes

Sylvanas is a better character overall, Garrosh was manhandled by twenty different writers and the result was… schizophrenic. Sylvanas’ progression has been much more organic. Kind of.

Garrosh was a better warchief though. Giving Sylvanas that job is the worst thing they’ve ever done with the character.

4 Likes

Sylvanas has been one of the worst designed Warcraft characters since Cataclysm.

6 Likes

The Burning of Teldrassil would have been in character for him.

6 Likes

If I were Sylvanas looking at what Garrosh hath wrought, i’d probably think Garrosh was an amateur. - Cdev

10 Likes

My thoughts exactly. The writers weren’t wasting their time trying to convince us that Garrosh wasn’t over the top evil while he was eating children and deliberately murdering innocents all the while being an arrogant, cackling, xenophobe.

And his character assassination may have ruined him as a whole, but at least he made for one hell of a ride. A great, hammey, fun ride that resulted in some great characterization.(Vol’jin)

11 Likes

Sylvanas feels like she had less jarring contradictions than GArrosh. The whole Northrend/Stonetalon/Heart of War Garrosh always felt rough fitting into the Mists of Pandaria/Warlords of Draenor Garrosh.

2 Likes