Do you play other games while you have an active subscription?

If so, how do you do it?

My mind constantly reminds me of the AUD 16.95 that I’m paying every month, and that just instantly stops me from giving my other games a go.

I’m like, if I have spare time, I must play WoW and nothing else because I’m paying for it.

I play for free with in-game gold

2 Likes

I used to feel that way for many years in the early days of this game. It created a tremendous backlog for me. But I wouldn’t trade the good times I had back then for anyting.

yes
I play Company of Heroes 2

The most enjoyment I get from this game is raiding with my guild and opening my mythic plus cache. So I raid 2 nights a week. And get a 10 done on my main and 2 alts - so I can open 3 caches per week - soon will be 4.

After that I’m playing borderlands 2 on the side and play ESO - cause it’s actually a sick rpg.

That’s a bit obsessive, no?

I play WoW as long as I enjoy doing so, and I don’t mind letting a month go by if I only have time enough to play a couple times a week. Beyond that, yeah, I still check out other games here and there. WoW takes up the most time, sure, but I don’t necessarily feel trapped by it.

Yep.

I haven’t really enjoyed WoW’s day-to-day content much since before WoD. WoD just didn’t have any, and Legion/BfA is 50% World Quests & 50% Mythic+; The former I despise with a passion (it’s literally repeating faceroll leveling quests but at max level for AP/Whatever, who actually enjoys that?) and the latter I only run 1-3 of a week so I can get a 400-410 item in my Tuesday box.

Which just leaves me with < 2 hours of Mythic+ content a week + my Sat/Sun organized raid nights.

So I play on weekends and knock out my M+ some random day and don’t feel the need to play much outside of that. I’ll occasionally screw around on an alt, but it never lasts long.

Given the prevalence of Mythic+ though, I’m planning on putting more effort into that and dropping the organized raiding thing next tier. Not committed to it yet, but heavily considering it because raiding is feeling more and more like a waste of time from an effort vs reward standpoint these days. I’m not sure if doing that would make me play less or more tbh.

In any case, OP, you need to get over the “I have to spend my time here because I’m paying for it” thing. People pay for cable (or streaming services) and don’t feel the need to watch shows every second they have free. People pay for a gym membership and don’t spend every waking moment there. WoW is no different. Play it when you honestly want to play it. If you feel the cost is worth how often you play / how much you enjoy your time here, then it’s not an issue. If it doesn’t feel worth it when you’re not forcing yourself to play, maybe you aren’t super into it in the first place.

I alternate between my paid MMOs. Right now, it’s WoW’s turn. But I am too cheap to pay for more than one at a time.

1 Like

WoW is getting to the point as in Legion where there was just a lull in things to do and its boring. Unless friends are on I am probably not playing this game right now, so its more of a “is WoW fun enough” for me, and if its not I just log into Bnet until someone whispers me to come do some stuff.

Not since I resubbed a few weeks ago. I tend to stick to one game at a time, whether that’s an MMO or otherwise. Was going through a bunch of console games before jumping back on WoW. Red Dead Redemption 2 was the last one.

1 Like

The cost of playing multiple games isn’t the biggest problem. The time commitment is.

1 Like

Yea it’s not the cost with me it’s the time aswell.

Playimg wow exclusively is ridiculous, theres Soooo many good games around. The world wont end if you miss a months sub and try something else…sigh… here come the ‘what other games’ wow fan bois…

1 Like

I have a sub for the forums pretty much and for when classic drops

For the .50 cents (give or take a penny) a day I pay for WoW, even if I login only once a week … I feel I’m getting more than my money’s worth out of it. Even if I really am not on board with this expansion in the slightest. It’s pretty much a pittance compared to the money I’ve been throwing at MTG arena.

So yeah, I play other games on the side … but as I said, the cost is decent enough in the fact I get my money’s worth out of it.

2 Likes

You got that right. It’s definitely not like it used to be. For the most part I only play stuff on the weekend.

1 Like

Do I play other games while I have an active subscription? Yes

How do I do it? Easily…

I play what I feel inspired to play each day… sometimes I’ll hop on WoW, do a couple dailies, then go play another game the rest of the day… other days I might not even get on WoW… and other days still I’ll hop on, do my dailies, then hop over to an alt I’m leveling…

1 Like

I took a 3 month ‘break’ from wow and didn’t cancel my sub. Why? 15 a month doesn’t bug me enough I guess, and I could still log in if I wanted to.

I was playing old school runescape which I also have a sub on.

I figure I get my moneys worth if it keeps me busy for a few hours each month. I could go to a movie and pay twice that much just for a 2 hour show.

1 Like

Yeah.

Mind games.

Of course. I’ve had an active sub since July 2005. I’d have missed over a decade of games if I didnt play other games.