Do you play other games while you have an active subscription?

There are some days where I don’t log into World of Warcraft. It’s like my Netflix subscription. It’s there if I want it, but I don’t need to devote all my time if I don’t want to.

I’ve been playing my Switch a lot and with Joker dropping today gonna be hard to balance this game.

1 Like

I used to be like that but sometimes you just need a palette cleanser. You don’t want to quit wow for a month but you need a few days to play something else. I have no problem dropping wow for a few day to play something else.

Something single player. I couldn’t imagine having multiple MMO subs at once…the thought almost gives me anxiety and I’m a VERY laid back person.

1 Like

Nah, WoW is my go to game that I play. Between work and family stuff, when I have time to play, sometimes a couple hours a day or every other day, it’s what I like to do. Sometimes I’ll go a week or two without playing and just watch tv shows or movies or do other things, but I don’t really have any other games I care about.

Between leveling alts for fun and heritage armor and doing other things in game like mount runs, pets and achievs, I’m happy enough and log in almost daily right now. I would never knock someone for the way they play, or if they don’t play and play something else, we are all different, so it would be silly to do otherwise. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I usually have a large library of steam games waiting for when I’m bored of wow (usually at the very end of each patch).

By clicking the big blue play button for StarCraft, Overwatch, etc.

Turn on my PS4/Switch/DS and play a game.

Or launch Steam and play a game.

Real simple.

I play eSo!! and FFXVIIXII 0mG! so amazing!!1!! …and hang around here and complain all day.

If I have spare time, I choose to do with it what interests me the most.

I’m paying to play a game as often as I like, I’m not paying it and considering it as paying every second, whether I’m paying for it or not.

Do you max out your IP usage, stream Netflix, Amazon Prime streaming services, text every second with unlimited texting, every single second you can since those are also “unlimited”?

I enjoy playing Soulsborne games. Other MMOs, no.

Why? I spend more than that on food and coffee every day.

I play other games that don’t have subscriptions. Some I play often. Some I rarely.

Diablo III, Starcraft II, Fallout 4, Tesla vs. Lovecraft, Battleheart II are some of the games I currently have. Plus I get free games from the Twitch, Epic, and Steam stores when they are available.

I play a lot of other games while having an active sub. I play:

Overwatch
HotS
Diablo 1-3
Zelda BotW
Red Dead 2
Quake Champions
Quake 3
Quake Live
CS:GO
plus lots of old school games on GOG like Kings Quest series, Heroes Quest series, Phantasmagoria, (basically most Sierra old games)Legend of Kyrandia series, Return to Zork, etc.

I think more people would be happier in WoW if they played other games instead of always feeling like they have to log into WoW every day and play a certain amount of time.

I have been here since the beginning and have yet to take a break and playing hard core (US top 250 guilds from Vanilla-MoP) it has taken a toll on me so I moved to a heroic raiding guild and playing other games for awhile now and not feeling the need to log into WoW everyday has helped me keep my interest in WoW.

LOL seriously? You make it sound like it is $100 a month to play. I bet you have streaming services. Do you only watch that streaming service as it makes you feel the same way of spending $17 a month (in which I am sure you get many hours a month for that $17)?

Sorry, but overall that is the most ridiculous and stupid excuse I have heard on why you only play WoW.

That’s bad logic to me. It’s like saying I have to watch TV rather than read a book because I pay for cable or Netflix. Or I can’t meet friends for dinner because I spent money on groceries.

I don’t play other games - but it’s a time issue - I just don’t have free time for gaming outside of WoW.

I don’t really have the time to play other games. But I also still enjoy playing WoW quite a bit, so it’s not really any skin off my back. I do go back to Bloodborne every now and then. How I wish we had gotten a sequel to that game rather than Sekiro.

I’ve got a whole steam library to play. I can’t just play wow.

I used to play other games sometimes but not any more.

With WoW I’m just paying a small sub per month. The current trend with many other games is live services, MTX, dlc, season passes - one huge black hole to continually leech money from your wallet.

Add it all up and it’s a heck of a lot more than a WoW sub.

Anyway, most of the new “games” are so broken and content barren they are little more than a store front for cash shops lol.

Those types of “games” doesn’t interest me at all.

I’ll play WoW as long as I’m having fun and getting entertainment value for my sub.

WoW is the only video game I play, even though I only play an hour or two once or twice a week. I’m not concerned about the subscription fee - we really don’t even notice it, especially when compared to other entertainment expenses.

WoW is like white noise to me. I have multiple accounts but I also play other games.

It’s just kinda… there. For the taking, whenever I please. Even if I don’t think highly of it at the time I’ll usually stay subbed just to login and do some things when I get the itch.

It’s okay to venture out, and sometimes take a few days or a week off from the game :slight_smile: