Do you need Diablo III to buy Reaper of Souls?

Simple question really.

If I don’t own Diablo III, am I able to buy the digital deluxe of Reaper of Souls just for the Treasure Goblin pet? (I know it wouldn’t be playable unless I bought the base game).

I can’t find any confirmation on google either way - just that if you buy Reaper you still can’t play without buying the base game.

But I’m strictly interested in the WoW pet tied to it.

I just tested on one of my other Battle Net accounts and this is what the Shop showed me.

6 Likes

Oof. Thanks for the answer, though definitely not what I was hoping for. Treasure Goblin will have to wait haha.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, you cannot purchase the expansion as a standalone.

Given how long D3 has been out you can likely find some pretty good deals from various gaming stores.

4 Likes

You’re welcome.

While you can’t by it separately, the RoS:DE currently costs $39.99 as a stand alone product.

The Eternal Edition which has the base game, RoS - DE, and Necro is also $39.99

So the cost is the same right now either way.

Or of course, it goes on sale from time to time :slight_smile: That is the bundle you will be looking for though when checking the sales options.

3 Likes

As far as I can tell, that doesn’t include the deluxe items from Reaper of Souls sadly.

Though it would be cheaper to buy the Battle Chest, then upgrade Reaper to Deluxe than to just buy them separate, so that’s good to know.

1 Like

Pretty sure that one I linked does have the DE with the cosmetics and such. I compared it with the other bundle and it is the one that lists the cosmetics and stuff.

I’m fairly certain the Eternal Edition does NOT include DE Reaper of Souls. Reaper DE by itself is the same price as EE, and the EE language makes no reference to DE in any form whatsoever.

Also, I’m going to be throw this out there - if you’re looking for pets from D3 purchases, you can also pick up the Fetish Shaman pet + achiev with a D3 Collector’s Edition. It’s physical only and as you can imagine it’s not exactly cheap to find, but I wanted to throw that out there for your awareness. Then you should be able to throw Reaper of Souls on top of that (I believe - haven’t tried it myself yet since I’m waiting for it to go on sale and spend my tokens wisely :wink: )