Do you Like the AP Grind?

I don’t like AP grind at all and I didn’t like the grind in legion. I now just play WoW my way and don’t give two farts about how they want us to play. I have actually taken a break to decide whether or not to keep playing or find another hobby. I have loved this game since 2004 but I don’t like the direction Blizzard has taken this game.

3 Likes

Was on wrong toon this is my main

Shammburglar was my original post

Hated it at first, but for some reason I started enjoying it! Only 9% away from neck lvl 48 :slight_smile:

Gratz! You do know in 8.2 that they are opening all the traits up so you don’t have to grind.

1 Like

What does it feel like to have a neck lower level then my 2 week old level 120?

1 Like

Lol, if you are talking to me doesn’t bother me at all👍🏻 I have done all the raids and completed them in Heroic so I and satisfied with my progress and the neck level didn’t hinder me at all.

Doesn’t feel like a grind at all, it’s just something that passively levels up while I play.

So really, I just don’t care about it because I don’t think about it.

1 Like

Yeah I feel that’s how it should be done.

Nope talking to the person saying grinding is required to level your neck and pointing out that after 2 weeks my alt is currently higher then him. That means he must be doing literally nothing outside raids/M+.

1 Like

It’s not endless. The neck caps at 50. I plan on stopping at 48.

No, it’s cancer.

2 Likes

AP is literally the worst. I hated it in legion and I hate it now. It’s just a boring way to inflate the sense of content. “Oh you have nothing to do? Just go farm this resource that is almost impossible to cap”.

Lol give us actual fun content to bring us back. Not endless grinds.

4 Likes

I haven’t felt the need to grind AP at any point during this or the previous expansion. I just get AP from what I’m naturally doing. I regularly top the DPS charts in my guilds Heroic raids, and that’s good enough for me.

1 Like

I like grinds when it’s for something that lasts. Grinding for something to be tossed out the window, or for something that’ll be made easier to get later, is pointless.

There are some games I play where the grinds make AP look rather trivial, but the difference is that the things you unlock in them are not made irrelevant by new content(in most cases.) There is also the matter of ways to grind. For azerite, most of your sources have hefty diminishing returns per day/week, with very few avenues to reliably accrue points.

To make a grind like azerite appealing, a few things would have to be done.

1: Remove “soft caps” and catch-up mechanisms alike, changing the progress formula to a static, non-increase required per level. Taking 10,000 azerite for level 10 would still be 10,000 required for level 20. This mean’s level 30 would take a total of 300,000. Bonuses to generate more, such as temporary buffs or whatnot, would be fine, but must be in player hands kind of like rested exp.

2: The necklace would have to last into the next expansion. One of the greatest disappointments that has always persisted in WoW is that all your efforts are worthless beyond personal pride, because there is next to nothing to show for it. Your loot is irrelevant in the next patch or two. I haven’t played BfA since I completed Uldir normal, but I know in the last patch, there will be EZ-mode gear to get that rivals what mythic raiders tried their pants off to get. Why bother, you know? Once the novelty of being geared among the plebs wears off, it all just seems so tiresome.

3: There would have to be multiple avenues to grind without diminishing returns. No daily or weekly gates on azerite sources, neither specific areas obviously intended to be farmed(islands.) Let players grind how and where they want to, rewarding persistence and patience over all else.

4: Remembering that RNG is not grind. Azerite isn’t RNG, but other things do fall into this category. A grind is something you can steadily work towards and keep progress of: a goal that is visible and trackable. Hoping something drops is not a grind, because there is no way of telling how long or short of a time it will take you to find that something. It’s gambling on a hope, waiting for that dopamine rush for when it finally drops.

1 Like

Wait till the level squish comes into effect. How much exp needed to gain that 1 level = happy shareholders.

I don’t even know what my neck ilvls on any of my toons are. I don’t grind AP in BfA any more than I did that other currency in Legion… what was it? Oh, AP.

AP and Rep grinds are fine on one character. I don’t complete any world quests or complete islands but my AP level isn’t too far behind and I’m exalted with all of the BFA reps.

I don’t have the time or energy to max rep and grind AP on my 120 alts. It frustrates me that I would need to grind mundane content that I’ve already once completed to unlock rank 3 recipes etc.

1 Like

If I actually had to grind anything…:man_shrugging:

I think once, only very very early in BFA did I hit a period where I actively sought out AP rewards via grinding. Still got my neck to 45.

Those must be some serious nightmares.