Do you Like the AP Grind?

Nope! There have been lots of grinds associated with it. Grind to max level. Grind gear until BIS, etc. But they weren’t permanent things you couldn’t obtain.

1 Like

I don’t mind the grind, it’s much more bearable than it was in Legion, due to only having to work on 1 bar instead of 2/3/4, and I make decent progress just doing IE’s for 30 minutes a week, the Emissary for 20 minutes every day, and my weekly +10.

Even so I don’t really care, Il cap eventually just by doing raid prep every week.

No, I just happen to only consider things that challenge me or have competitive aspects fun. Like I said, grats if beeboping around and doing content I could literally faceroll is fun to you.

Typical condescending human paladin respone

2 Likes

Reading isn’t fun? Watching a movie isn’t fun? Fun comes in all shapes and sizes… I would recommend you broaden your scope to the fact that what you consider fun, isn’t universal. No one has the market on “fun”.

1 Like

Really the only people that should bother with grinding AP should be bleeding edge mythic progression guilds or those that want to be in one. Everyone else should just relax and play the content they want to play.

2 Likes

I have absolutely 0 delusion that my view of what is “fun” is universal. It’s obviously not. Just because I talk down to people for doing something I hate and enjoying it doesn’t mean I don’t recognize the validity of their fun. I’m still not going to respect it or attempt to be fake-nice.

OP asked if I liked it, I said no and gave reasons.

:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Then I guess grats on having low standards for what makes something “fun”.

1 Like

At least my thing has merit by virtue of demonstrated superiority, which is always valuable in every aspect!

No, it isn’t fun, and worse, a AP reward feels like you didn’t get anything.

I honestly have no idea what level my AP is on or if I need to increase it. I certainly don’t grind it out.

But the effect is that sometimes I get a new piece of gear that cannot be fully used, because it has some arbitrary AP restriction on it. That just makes it feel very negative.

Give me a reward of a piece of gear that I can use, not one that is “hey, here’s an upgrade, but you can’t use it…naa na na-na nahh”.

1 Like

Although I agree that the grind is not fun and will likely be implemented in some fashion in future expansions, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if Blizzard took more of a “too many quests to do between patches for most players” approach and each quest would have some fun aspects to it.

Edit: And I don’t mean World quests either…send us off on adventures in the old world if need be.

Most casuals wont feel the grind. If you are trying to quickly advance in content you will feel the grind. BFA had done a fabulous job creating large divisions in the community. Larger then ive ever remembered.

I don’t pretend to know how old you are irl, but… I will say, in my experience, relationships are far more valuable than “winning” at a video game. They last longer and have far more benefits.

1 Like

Never really went out my way to gather AP. Only at level 44 currently and if I don’t get to level 50 then so be it.

I don’t like it, and Blizzard would be smart to change it by next expansion.

It should have stayed in Legion.

1 Like

Your heart is lvl 39. That is very low. I stopped farming a while back because division 2 released and my heart is 46 almost 47. Getting these 100k + ap for next level is hell.

That i can agree with. If you are going out of your way to gain Ap levels and not letting the weekly catch up to help you make it easier then ITS A MASSIVE GRIND

I’d bet a keg that if you literally put your face on your keyboard and rolled it around that you would NOT complete any content.

No.

I don’t really care for it I just do blue’s on KT and call it a day.

Got this guy to 120 3 weeks ago and im level 42 already.

THY SYSTEM IS BROKEN.