Do you "identify" with any of the Community Council members?

could someone on the CC bring this up to Blizzard?
these would be fantastic.

Not necessarily, I haven’t really kept up w/ reading every single new comment to this thread, but skimming thru some earlier replies it looks like there are some posters complaining about “not having much in common” with the CC players so far. Here’s one from just the last 5 comments:

1 Like

And there have been multiple casual council members that have posted, one that is exclusively casual & solo content, and one that is what they call casual that also does some end game stuff.

Either way, that doesn’t change what I said. That the council posters replying to posts saying they don’t feel there is a representative for thing and the person responding is saying they represent thing, is on topic, and not “being defensive and just talking about themselves” as the post I was replying to was claiming it as.

1 Like

I referenced this in a response I made on the CC! They’re awesome!

1 Like

What gave you the idea casuals don’t do any raids, mythic+ or PvP?

Plenty of folks who identify as casual on this board say they do those things. Just because folks don’t do the highest level, doesn’t make them any less participants.

First off, nothing in my post comes close to saying ‘screw’ anyone.

Second off, it’s not about fault, it’s about choice.

Third off, apparently it is a needful discussion, given how many people don’t understand the concept of completing content for commensurable rewards.

There is zero evidence that the majority of players have left because they were denied welfare gear.

At this particular time, they are a myriad of reasons that players left, not the least of which are the revelations about Blizzard’s sexist/racist corporate culture.

I think the game should be about enjoying an amazing, immersive meandering adventure and everything in the game should support that but that is neither here nor there.

On this particular subject, the game’s system should and does give commensurable rewards to the players who complete the more challenging content, therefore earning those rewards.

Like most games. Sometimes, it’s a piece of gear, sometimes it’s a level, something it’s more of the story. But gotta do the content to get the reward.

There is zero evidence that an overwhelming majority of players feel they are never rewarded.

And Blizzard is not relegating anyone to that situation. Players who choose not to do content, do not get the reward for completing that content. Again, it is the player’s choice.

Don’t be silly.

Over July 30 and 31 last year (check my achievements), I ran every Pandarian scenario available to me and they give zero rewards (not even a lonely copper) but I found them neither unrewarding or pointless.

Play is the point of the game. Rewards are just the plum.

Yes, all the gnomes, none of the non-gnomes!

The CC is a publicity stunt because blizzard is well known to ignore player feedback and had to do something for perception.

They already HAVE a private forum for feedback.

No. It’s been less than a month and the entire CC is already nothing more than a giant circle-jerk of “I’m better than you.”

2 Likes

To some degree this is true. They still haven’t touched on the faction imbalance at all. And the council members don’t push this topic either.

1 Like

Not really. Most of what they are posting is nonsense that I don’t care about either. They need to be listening to this forum and class forums more for feedback and listening to average community members rather than creating out of touch rockstars.

1 Like

I think this is part of the disconnect between CC players and just regular GD’er players in this thread.

The definition of “casual” seems to vary widely from poster to poster, although I would say most players agree that a casual is someone who mostly sticks to dabbling with “easy” content like LFR, battle pets, RP’ing, unrated BGs, etc etc

On the other hand, a “non-casual” or “hardcore” player is going to be doing stuff like Mythic raiding and high-rated arena, basically the more competitive content where you can’t just afk your way through it.

1 Like

Well I identify with some of the content they do, as many are raidiers. But I didn’t see one even mention that they played a DH, even as an alt, so I am not sure they will be a voice for our issues to often.

1 Like

My 2nd most geared character is a DH and I’ll probably be maining it next tier B)

1 Like

Well that is good news :slight_smile:

This is definitely true, it seems some view casual purely based on time in game, others view it purely by content done, and yet others by both.

I’ve seen threads where people say they are a casual as they don’t do any group content, but play for 5 hours every day and get told that means they aren’t a casual because of how long they play.

Or someone that says they run high mythic keys but because they only spend an hour or whatnot at a time and not every day that they are a casual.

Or some mix of the two, so opinions on what ‘defines’ it does seem to differ widely.

Yeah I think everyone has a different definition of what casual is, which can lead to some miscommunication through people saying they consider themselves casual, since their version of casual is different than someone else’s.

I would say the “difficulty” of the content is a much more accurate measurement of what a casual is versus the pure “number of hours played” measurement.

Both casual players and elites/hardcore types CAN play 10-12 hours a day… but what are they doing during those 10-12 hours? :thinking: That’s the real question (in my opinion)

A casual might spend 5-6 hours afking or RP’ing in Goldshire with his other fellow casuals, while an elite/hardcore player might spend those same 5-6 hours slamming high keys or doing some high-rated games.

1 Like

All the gnome ones :+1: yes good job

I agree, I personally feel content done alone is indicative of what is casual, if someone doesn’t go group content then they would be a casual (I personally fall in this category, as the only group content I do is transmog runs with the guild or running non-raid/mythic+ dungeons to help someone if they need it), if someone regularly runs high mythic keys or raids then they would not be, regardless of how much time is spent in game.

I was simply saying that opinions on the forums however are widely different on the matter, and there are many that view playtime as a metric of if someone is casual or not, regardless of, or including the actual content being done.

1 Like

okay i will change my mind now: basil and prosident i officially relate to and will cheer on! ty ty ty ty guys <3

2 Likes