Do you guys remember

When people use to make machinima for this game? Before the gaming community went to crap, it seemed like there was always some neat, new, funny little video for wow. My favorite machinima was the hardware store with the troll in it and a weird al voice over. If there was a way to capture how people felt about the game, it would be from machinima way back in the day. You can really feel the passion for the game through those videos.

It just seems like the game has lost that spirit completely. I know we’re all older and have responsibilities, but where has the magic gone? Ever since AQ released, it feels like classic is just a brand new game that doesn’t really have any history. GDKP’s, boosting, a dead questing world, minmax to the extreme, comparing our dps/heals/tanking to the rest of the logging community instead of just working on ourselves and only worrying about ourselves.

It just doesn’t make sense to me. What is fun about this game anymore? We grind, grind and grind some more without really taking a break to really enjoy this game for what it was, a glorified chat room to just relax and play with friends. Almost all socialization has gone, most of the calm, casual players (don’t mistake casual for trash) are gone and everything has to be instant gratification.

I guess my question is, how do I find enjoyment in this new game? What do people actually do for fun? I want to continue, but I feel like the game just isn’t what it use to be, even in the oldest, most casual version.

9 Likes

Enjoy

5 Likes

Yes, I remember the machinima. There was a lot of creativity and you could tell people just loved the game and having fun. Some of the machinima is still on Youtube and I watch it or listen to the music on occasion.

There are still a few people making it too.

I also agree that a lot of people these days chase some (often self-centered) goal while complaining about half of the game. Be it leveling or PVPing or whatever else that they don’t like but “have to do”. Very few people talk about how much fun they are having, even when they get to the point of doing the only things they claim to love.

2 Likes

Frost Shock!

1 Like

thats something only you can answer
and if the answer is no
well thats it. play something else you enjoy

1 Like

Games change because we change. I remember back in original runescape, pking with a d longsword and a DDS, nobody carried tele runes because teleporting from combat was frowned upon. 3 of us wandering the wilderness for hours looking for noobs to pk. Great times. When OSRS was released, that was all gone. Nobody adventured anymore. Pking was min/maxing and tick manipulation. Same game, same players, different mindsets.

Classic is no different. We’ve see and done it all before. Do i miss the old days? Absolutely. Do i wish they were that way again? Definitely not. I wasted so much time doing stupid crap when I could’ve been productive. Young us were stupid.

1 Like

WoW is a social game, not a single player game.
You can do anything in the game, but you have to group up and chat to people, especially on voice.

1 Like
1 Like

Yes.

One for WotLK:

1 Like

WC used to get all kinds of great content and Blizzard even featured it on their site. Now it’s just advertisements for things they want to sell.

Better days…

1 Like

Put the pipe down.

1 Like

Illegal Danish, Tales of the Past, Rise of the Living Dead…

All classics.

3 Likes

check out The Grind by Oblivious Films, Bebep’s videos and AFK PL@yers videos too
all amazing

there’s also this really long series called “I’m MT” by a chinese machinima artist, it’s a bit hard to find

1 Like

Friend of mine’s most recent work.

Wouldn’t qualify it as a “short” machinima though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes it does have a Classic plot point so it is relevant to these forums. :stuck_out_tongue:

For me, as long as its with my tight nit group of friends that I’ve played this game with for the last 6-12 years, every and any content is fun. Especially if we can do the things that are on display in the linked video above.

1 Like

and then machinima went under and all their videos got deleted. yes i remember.

1 Like

Oh people do still make machinima out of it, they just realized they can make you know what with it.

2 Likes

christian videogame; innocent players

1 Like

Wiggle goat nuns

ITT: Old man yells at clouds

Tales of the Past was EPIC!

But to counter the OP; I’m having a blast in TBC Classic! For me, it’s almost exactly as I remembered TBC (except for too many 70s swooping in and stealing my Ore!!) A dead Questing world?? What? That’s all I do!

I’m playing nearly the same way as I played back then. Helping others. Buffs and heals, the occasional LoH to save the day; it’s great fun. And I am far more social than I was in retail . . .and I haven’t done a single dungeon (and I’m level 65!) so yeah, maybe you should go around and start helping people, and you’ll find your disposition improving.

2 Likes