Do you feel less enjoyment by boosting?

I’ve been against boosting for a very long time. Today for the heck of it I looked up prices because I’m tired of not being able to get into groups or not having enough time to devote to areas of play that require dedication like Mythic raiding. All of these things have collectables that are time limited so it feel horrible every patch to see more and more stuff permanently out of reach.

What I found sickened me. Doing a dungeon for the tank satchel is the equivalent of being paid 6 cents. The way I play this game means that I make less than I would by getting a min wage job and just buying it from someone else.

I make $30 an hour ($45 with over time.) To buy Glad, CE and KSH costs about $1,700 (only looked at a single site so this might vary by a huge amount.) That means if I put in 38 hours of overtime I can buy my way through the highest content there is. 4 days of work per season is nothing compared to the frustration I often feel doing pugs.

As much as I hate to say it I think I might just do this from now on. This would get me 2 titles, 4 mounts, a ton of achievements, all the dungeon ports, a weapon illusion, and the ability to be able to get into pugs easier for the content I do.

I do worry that just buying it will make the game even more dull as there would be nothing for me to accomplish.

For people who have boosted what do you do afterwards and do you feel less enjoyment playing the game?

5 Likes

I don’t boost, because I enjoy playing the game.

13 Likes

I mean, that’s rough, but if you’re not having fun, why do the content?

5 Likes

Instead of getting those things, why not take a flight to the Caribbean and spend 10 days in an all inclusive hotel with your significant other making lifelong memories. It would cost about the same.

21 Likes

I can’t even imagine dropping 1700 on a game.

lmao.

12 Likes

part of the reason i have multiple accounts was to self boost by having a high level character tow an alt, which can be enjoyable when the loot is good

2 Likes

Same here. If you don’t enjoy playing the game why pay for a boost? Better gear isn’t going to change that.

4 Likes

Who in their right mind would pay that much? Why are you even looking at RMT sites in the first place?

3 Likes

I’m a hermit that would trigger my anxiety to the extreme. I would spend it on doing the triple crown for hiking but I’m not as young as I once was.

I don’t have much as far as living costs and have the ability to work as much as I want most of the time. I just discovered how much more efficient it is to work than it is to spend in game. If I’m going to spend 40 hours playing I might make some strides towards any single one of those things but if I go to work I can get all of them. It would be like turning down a higher paying job just to work for less than min wage.

My worry is that without attaining it myself it feel meaningless.

I do enjoy the content, M+ is a ton of fun over all but lets be honest anyone who has pugged has had some rough runs and a single rough run is worse than a day at work. But than I find my job to be enjoyable particularly when I work overtime and don’t have to deal with any of the management aspects of my position.

All of these are sold for gold which you can buy with tokens.

I’ve had a few rough pugs, sure. But, at the end of the day, even a few dozen rough pugs isn’t going to entice me to spend any sort of money on the game, is all. Just gonna move on to the next group.

2 Likes

Just make friends and you’ll easily avoid the frustration of pugs

I know it sounds daunting but achieving things with people you care about is such a good feeling

If time saved is more important to you and you really want those FOMO items, then yes - go spend those WoW tokens to spend on a boost.

Don’t let others tell you how to spend your money.

Oh I won’t I was just curious about how people who do boost find it changed their game play.

No longer having to grind gold would be nice, No longer having to work your way through the IO bracket would be amazing particularly during the beginning of the season. And it sure would be great to get some of those unobtainable items.

Do you spend more time transmog hunting? More time on alts? Just keep running keys past +20 because you have the IO to get invited?

Because the biggest set of people who keep up with boosting news and pricing aren’t the buyers. It’s the people who want to tell everyone that they are against it.

I wouldn’t play the game if I needed boosting to play it. Just doesn’t seem something fun personnaly. Might as well invest in the stock market.

I mean, I play games because I wanna, well, play games, so… Haven’t ever considered boosting.

I’m guessing you looked at an RMT site. Don’t do it if you don’t want your account getting nuked later on.

I get more enjoyment playing the game because I can actually do what I want instead of grinding a cheese grater across my face while trying to pug.

Just clicked on whatever was the first one to pop up to get a general sense of cost. But I know on my server a lot of people sell all of these for gold which can be bought with tokens. This is not about RMT as I’d stay away from that.

Or you could look at it like this, what is the point of having all that gear, if your just going to be bad at the game and can’t use the gear to it’s fullest potential…? Like lets say you have all that gear, and you do a +15 for what the hell, and someone 15-20 ilvl’s lower than you and barely 1500 score beats you by a huge margin? I’d be more ashamed in myself at that because it would be clear that you were boosted. Hell I see it all the time in dungeons.

Sure you got boosted, look cool and beat the game in a sense, but wheres the enjoyment or feeling of satisfaction in just being handed stuff…?

1 Like

Lol. Players be like I have full BIS but can’t play class at all. But I have BIS gear and the mounts :rofl: