Do you actually play allied races?

Yeah, the male’s run is funny.

1 Like

My DI is the only one I like that’s open, but I will be going Zandalari Paladin when they release. Not into Tauren, Nightborne are atrocious looking, hate Dranei, Have a Maghar, meh.

2 Likes

I opened up my allied races for the mounts.

2 Likes

I play most of them other than nightborne. I really like void elves. Having a void elf warlock/mage is pretty darn cool.

The extra blink is nice.

3 Likes

My main is now a Dark Iron and I don’t ever see myself race changing again. Really enjoying it. It’s not like I didn’t enjoy the others that I have played as my warrior (human, worgen, and gnome) but DI is the most I’ve enjoyed my character since I started playing.

On the whole, I think Allied Races are great. My only gripe is how heritage armor is unlocked. Personally, I’d rather see AR’s heritage armor unlocked through a cool quest line once they are at max level for the expansion in which they were released (which can include race changes) just like the newly added armors for classic races. Having to level another character all the way up is a drag to get something for a race-changed character I’m excited to play at max level if I have no reason to level a new character otherwise. Plus, it’s a little odd that you get handed a mount but have to grind a new character for an armor set.

I’m mostly cool with the way the Allied Races are unlocked overall and have had no troubles getting any of them across both factions so far, however, over time I think the system needs some tweaks. For example, I understand the challenge of creating Kul Tirans but that aside my preferred method for BfA would’ve been KTs and ZT unlocked at launch once you’ve gone through the story on an existing character and hit 120. Subsequent Allied Races for BfA could be unlocked as time goes on through patches and hitting Exalted with corresponding reps much like they are now. I also think that once a new expansion is launched previous expansions’ Allied Races should have their rep gates removed entirely or dropped from Exalted down to Friendly.

4 Likes

Nope, they’re all alt status, at best. There’s nothing wrong with them though, they’re just not what I’m playing atm.

1 Like

MAYBE IF I COULD BE ONE!

Seriously, Dark Iron and Zandalari should have DK as an option. Both races were around and plentiful in Azeroth during the time of the Lich King, same logic as why goblins/worgen could become DKs.

1 Like

Void elves are sweet, not at all interested in mag gar orcs or Dark Iron Dwarves.

1 Like

Leveling Czajen here as fast as I can…but I level slowly. I play her regularly.

I changed my main from a Night elf to a Void elf because I liked the idea of playing a shorter Alliance elf that was ALMOST like a High Elf.

Aside from that, I’ve unlocked the majority of them, but most allied races don’t really interest me.

1 Like

This is the only one, and I only run world content with him. Allied Races are a scam.

2 Likes

I was hyped at first but then all the hemming and hawing from blizzard about why key game features are still locked just took al the wind out of my sails.

Then it sunk in how much of a scam allied races are and just another indication of the massive apathy rotting this company from within.

4 Likes

I swear, I must be the only person who strongly prefers the look of the playable Nightborne over the NPC’s. Sure they have some gear placement problems and some awkward animations…

But the detail given to their faces have so much more personality and depth, much more detail. The NPC’s all look like robots with their blank look.

2 Likes

Mooooo, good day for flying friend.

1 Like

Except they’ve been broken since a month post-7.3.5. (blasted link restrictions)
imgur .com/OrWXdrW
I wouldn’t mind the lack of Nightborne visuals (ie. more slanted eyes and prominent stance) if they could at least STICK to the released model.
Here’s hoping they’ll just do a major rehaul of 'em soon. HMT too, poor buggers literally have one face now.
imgur .com/pFDGd8E
But yeah, I played my Allied Races. Been unsubbed and just waiting for Zandalari at this point. Been a long time since I got into a Paladin, so here’s hoping it’ll be a well-deserved treat for the wait!

1 Like

My main is an Allied Race.

1 Like

Besides the heritage armor alts? (All monks bar the Lightforged Paladin).

I have a Mag’har Priest and Shaman. By far my favorite allied race thus far.

I also have a Void Elf Warrior (Alliance main) and a Nightborne Mage. Both of which I regret but am too cheap to race change.

Edit: No longer have the Void Elf Warrior, went back to Night Elf. I just couldn’t stand them anymore.

1 Like

I have the horde side unlocked but I am not playing any of them. Have 9 toons already and not paying to race change them or leveling one from scratch. I’ll never unlock the alliance side.

1 Like

I been trying to figure out what class i want my nightborne to be since the end of legion, and since i generally prefer blood elves anyway, it hasn’t been an easy choice.

Finally settled on priest…for now.

Mag’har was easy, i went shaman.

I did make a Highmountain druid, but i’m not fond of druids so i never touch it.

1 Like

Nah, allied races are LAME and SILLY

jk most of my characters are AR.

1 Like