Do You Actually Lose To Bears?

I mean yeah they’re annoying but do you actually lose to them? :roll_eyes:

55 Likes

I played against a Guardian/DH in 2s recently and after having played bear a few times I understand much better how they function and where their weaknesses are. As a lock they’re quite killable tbh. Most play Natural SS honor talent which increases regrowth healing by 30% and reduces its cast time by 30% after swiftmending for a short duration. You can take advantage of this because out of bear form guardian chunks damage thrown at it. And form of CC will stop the healing for the majority of the buff. If you continue to beat on the Guardian you can force regen. As a lock I’m more than capable of hitting him harder than he can heal. FR will not be able to come off CD fast enough to continue to use, and if I continue to stop those regrowth cycles from natural SS then I can win.

Can an arms warrior burst down a guardian or are the two teammates the better target?

You dont burst a guardian down lolwut. Idk i dont play a warrior. Stormbolt swap him when he comes out to heal i guess how should i know.

Probably better off cross ccing during a go and killing a dps or even the healer.

I don’t know but I’ve watched absterge, gorecki and a few other r1s lose to them frequently… So ummm, yeah

1 Like

I don’t think iv won vs a bear yet.

1 Like

One of the big problems I’ve noticed is that people go bear for a bit, feel like they’re not getting anywhere, then swap back. What this does is brings Frenzied Regen back to having both charges back. The ground they were gaining which was putting FR on a CD that was being outpaced by raw damage towards dampening now just isn’t there and they’ve reset their progress.

Ysera’s Gift is enough to keep the bear up from PotP damage that is happening and any cleave present, at least until deep dampening.

Anime essence is broken and needs fixed, brambles and moonfire damage needs fixed. Guardian healing needs fixed. Guardian is definitely over tuned however that essence is spelled. Sorry at work and don’t remember the correct name or spelling

Bears?!

Werebears!

1 Like

This isn’t the problem with Guardian, though from someone who has no idea what is wrong with Guardian, I could see it.

Protector of the Pact is the main problem with Guardian. If the damage redirect wasn’t a simple 1:1 and was something like 1:1.25 then Guardian would still be viable but would have to cover some of its spot heals on itself and be much more susceptible to cleave.

On top of this PotP breaking CC like Hibernate, blind, and fear is another major problem. It creates a situation where the Guardian can’t be CC’d, which means it has to be a target or have 100% up time, which combined with an overly passive and simple damage rotation, creates for a very boring and skilless playstyle.

1 Like

A destro lock would know…

21 Likes

You realize their passive damage and healing is A HUGE part of the problem with not being a kill Target till deep dampening. When they heal as much as regular healers, have same damage and regular dps is a problem.
Spin it how you want to but it doesn’t change the facts

1 Like

Currently 3-0 against bear teams. Refuse to let a pveboi get a dub on me.

5 Likes

This just in, destro locks can kill stuff.

8 Likes

I was demo for all 3 of them if that’s comment I @ me

7 Likes

Well im pigeonholing you into destro for the sake of my argument

14 Likes

Haha fair enough. I did make the switch to destro a couple days ago (can’t fight the meta, so I join it I guess). Therefore I really have no room to speak.

We needs to give arms/ guardian the right to bear arms!

4 Likes

i AM THE BEAR.

every single BG i do on my bear i top dmg and heals by miles.

but dont worry… its totally not busted… all the dmg and healing i do is “inflated and artificial” therefore it doesnt matter if i do twice as much dmg as every1 else on my team.

it doesnt matter if i do twice as much heals as a real healer… its all just artificial