Do we thank them for making Sandworn relics BoA now?!?

So obviously now is better than never, and my last few alts will appreciate having a four piece tier the moment then hit 60… but this feels like one of those things that could have been done months ago.

Honestly it could have been BoA from the start as the gear isn’t high enough to impact raiding, and by the time most people earned enough relics to buy gear their cipher gear was already higher.

11 Likes

Better late than never I guess?

Honestly, they need to go back and revisit a bunch of currencies, crafting mats, etc. to make them BoA.

:cookie:

6 Likes

I guess you can get tier bonuses faster on a new alt now? Th gear is fairly worthless if not upgraded to tier so a half pointless update. A lot of people changing characters or getting an alt ready for S4/DF are already past the point of it being all the relevant to them. Not sure why they didn’t do this like 3 months ago but all well.

3 Likes

If you only raid normal/LFR, it is.

1 Like

so let me ask please:

My druid and a few other max toons have bags full of relics and I can mail them to my new leveled 60 warlock and he can buy that gear at the 24something level it is at today, or is it something coming Soon™ ?

TIA

1 Like

Oh i didn’t know they would be boa, cool i guess i can gear some alts.

Should have been boa from 9.2 launch though.

4 Likes

It’s a change presumably coming with season 4. Relics will be Bind to Account.

No. You go “oh neat” and then continue to ignore the relics because they were never worth noticing before.

4 Likes

Why would I thank the devs for something that should have been designed that way from the very beginning? I’m getting awfully tired of having to tell the devs how to fix their game along side many other people(including the ones telling them in alpha and beta testing) only for us to be ignored until its way too late and THEN they decide to make the changes we a told them about long ago.

8 Likes

Having burned 160 of them on a piece of crap to vendor for gold just a couple of days ago, I don’t feel particularly grateful for the change.

4 Likes

Yes we should thank them, in the same way you’d thank the person who’s been starving you for giving you a piece of bread.

4 Likes

The gear level won’t change at patch, at least they didn’t say it would. So you’ll be able to get your alts 240 gear on patch day and also send them flux to make it tier

It’s ilvl 246.

Source? I didn’t see anything saying they were doing this… it seems too sensible for Blizz.

They posted about it in a Season 4 FAQ. It’s under “currencies.”

Raid Rewards Experiments in Season 4 - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

We yell at them first and then we thank them for giving us boa currency for 246 loot in season 4, and then we yell at them again.

2 Likes

I honestly still don’t know what these things do.

1 Like

well obviously because they made a positive change we have to remind blizzard that they’re actually hitler for not making said change earlier. We’re wow players, we literally can’t be happy about anything ever.

1 Like

Sandworn Relics are tokens that you collect in Zereth Mortis to buy gear at a vendor on the east side. The gear is ilvl 246. You can then take 4 of the pieces and convert them into tier gear at the Creation Catalyst. And then…I don’t know what, I’ve lost the plot.