Do threads just get deleted?

So I was on a thread today and was enjoying seeing all the discourse. I decided to change my avatar profile to my main and now everything is gone? All the replies, likes etc, any trace of that thread existing is nowhere to be found. Unfortunately I don’t remember the name of it but I even tried searching words that I’ve said or others to try and find something. Nope. Nothing in my history either.

I’m more confused than anything but it’s like trying to solve a puzzle at this point

4 Likes

Frequently, yeah, if it’s been reported or a mod just comes across it and decides its gone off the rails.

3 Likes

Well it was definitely off the rails but I’d of thought all the response type stuff would still be there, then one clicking it it’d just said post was removed or something. Feels like I felt into a time warp and it never existed to begin with

Nope. When a thread gets wiped completely the whole thing 404s. All posts are gone, even the statistics on your page (number of posts, number of likes, etc) will be adjusted.

3 Likes

Wow. We’re all just ants under the titans magnifying glass.

Thanks for letting me know

That’s some dark city stuff

3 Likes

Yes, they get deleted when they hurt someones feelings.

5 Likes

Welcome to GD!

If the thread or the people replying in it goes against the rules here it’s more than likely a goner.

Good luck figuring out what’s okay to say as the rules are so conveniently vague that if the regular screechers abuse the report function enough the just as biased mods are sure to shut it down.

Remember! Wrong speak is bad!

3 Likes

:dracthyr_shrug: pretty basic forum moderation

6 Likes

Call me crazy but doesn’t that sort of censorship just lead to an echo chamber?

3 Likes

Basically if stuff devolves into flaming, insults, and goes wildly off target in a way that’s negative, the thread will likely get taken down.

5 Likes

Thread got yeeted from the timeline, now it never existed for you to rember.

That makes sense but where does the line get drawn? It’s impossible to say now but I wouldn’t have considered nothing being said by anyone outright offensive? Or at least not derogatory

2 Likes

More than likely you were in a troll thread. Which should be removed.

Only reason you were enjoying that thread.

1 Like

Yeah you’re right, it was about dwarven beards…again. It shot off in all sorts of directions but it was also engagement. I was talking about Mohawk grenades. But I digress, it’s off topic again. Thank you all for the information.

1 Like

Why else would you come to the GD forum?

1 Like

Forums are a money loser for Blizz. They don’t care if you’re engaged here. It doesn’t lead higher ingame time.

I am sure there have been internal discussions on how to turn it into some kind of metric. Sometimes these forums are more entertaining than the game itself.

How to delete them entirely is a far more popular topic.

Not really.

1 Like

They’re coming for us all!