Do the classes need a shake up?

The titans having technology is one thing. Us having it is another. Also:

The Draenei are Protoss.

1 Like

Oh god no, NECROMANCER would be so boring…

We have literally spent entire expansions in alien cities, fighting elves on spaceships.

Why, because they’re space fairing and advanced?

They aren’t Protoss.
They don’t think they’re the Chosen race of some prophecy, they aren’t all psionically linked into every other Protoss thought an emotion.
They don’t have connections to psionic power, they don’t have social castes. Theyres no equivalent to the purifiers or Tal’darim.

3 Likes

well really anything over tinker.

i would say a dragon knight class.
a class that uses breath attacks.

3 Likes

And it’s bad.

2 Likes

There are two racial leaders that are Tinker, and it was in WC 3. It makes no sense that this game is part Sci Fi and half steampunk and there’s no class representing those aspects.

4 Likes

To you maybe. It sounds to me like you don’t like something that is a pretty standard part of WarCraft’s universe…

3 Likes

It sounds like most people don’t like the standard part of WarCraft’s universe…

2 Likes

Again with overplayed tropes from other games.

A dragon knight sounds super boring…
And Necromancer is literally the most generic trope in fantasy.

I don’t want a second class that focuses on raising the dead. Thanks.

I want something that’s actually a part of Warcraft. Like Tinker.

Go look at places like the Motherlode or the Mechagon.

You are straight up the only person I’ve seen saying that WoW is too much like StarCraft.

3 Likes

I do agree with this assessment. I would love a sort of Mage/Warrior hybrid like a Spellbreaker.

Don’t cling to one statement to try and win. Take the concept. Address the point. WoW lore is trash.

To you maybe.
I mean shadowlands is retcon filled trash.

But a lot of people that think WoW is too “sci fi” don’t actually know their lore at all.
BC and WotlK both had incredible world building, and they were both very Sci Fi.

I think Shaman’s design, especially enhancement fufills a melee magic hybrid very well.

I still miss old Paladin seals for doing the same thing.

2 Likes

dear god no.
they cant get them right as it is…many of them anyway.
please dont make them start fresh.

1 Like

If we can get a ranged dps spec for rogues that uses shurikens/kunais, I’m all up for it. Also there’s the obvious roll the bones rework for outlaw.

1 Like

Do you think it’s worth giving Rogues a tank spec? Since they’re the only melee-only class that can’t.

I think most of the classes are in a pretty solid state without gigantic changes really being necessary. More ranged classes would be nice but i’m not like, really seeing why its a big deal? Also I really like having mail as a shaman and a hunter as it gives decent armor for phys res.

1 Like

My vote for class improvement is that Pallys give all party members the Inspired buff in PVP.

Yeets out on spaceship

1 Like

Imo not really, the rogue class fantasy is all about damage at least for me. I mean, it could work but there’s so many things they could do with rogues before adding a tank spec

4 Likes

Yes, MW needs an overhaul bad.

Give fistweaving/eminence back baseline and/or let Soothing Mist cast while moving again.

5 Likes

yeah because necromancers or dragons arent apart of warcraft… face palm

You just named motherlode(goblins) and mechagon(gnomes). those are the two most hated races in the game. Why would blizzard make a new class designed around the two most hated races in the game? Tinkers would not build hype.

And besides, if rumors are true. And most likely the next expansion is the dragon isles. We will be getting a new class designed around the theme of the expansion, if we do get a new class. Thats the way its always worked. Wrath brought dks, Pandaland brought monks, and legion brought demon hunters. So we would be getting a dragon themed class.

Now if we get an expansion themed around goblins and gnomes then we will get tinker.

But i hate to break it to you I would bet we will never get an expansion themed around them. the most we will get is a zone about goblins and gnomes, like we already did…

1 Like

Old Enhance Shamans were viable off tanks at the time

2 Likes

They’re also a part of every other fantasy game… tinkers we’re also a hero unit in WC3…

Maybe if you’re a brooding edge lord I guess.
Where are you pulling these numbers from that they’re the most hated race? I see way more people hating on blood elves because they’re boring and basic.

Most of those leaks actually say tinker is the next class you know. :sweat:
The “rumor” you’re talking about is likely leaked to the Ashes of Galakros leak, talking about how the next expansion will be the dragon isles… and they also say tinker is next.

And if we do get a dragon themed class, I’m sure it will be boring as hell. Because it’s been done to death…

2 Likes