Do something with survival!

Like wtf. Please make it worth something. Currently dead last dps wise in beta, yea I know number tuning can happen. Number tuning has started. They are making significant changes to classes / specs with buffs and nerfs to spells every Tuesday. Some spells for survival still don’t even work properly.

I really hope something is being worked on to help survival out. Almost seems like blizz has just said, “Hell with it, they got 2 decent specs. Let’s move onto warlocks”.

What makes it even worse is that the melee hunter community is already small so like there is no real communication with blizz like there is with MM / BM.

With that said.

Do something with survival

31 Likes

SV is so clunky and half witted right now its mind blowing. like they just checked out and let their kids make the spec. i would love a good melee hunter but i fear we wont get one for this go round. i really do hope we get a surprise soon and get a good one.

3 Likes

Remember how Blizzard slammed RSV into the ground at the end of WoD, so they could make the transition from RSV to MSV more smooth?

Just saying…

22 Likes

i dont understand the big push for one or the other. with even a half brained thought we could get both. stop fragmenting or distracting from people who want something to be good.

3 Likes

I do. Now they slammed MSV into the ground so the transition to a better melee can be smoother. Plenty to choose from.

1 Like

Maybe Blizzard it just tired of players fighting for having RSV returned or MSVs complaining about players wanting RSV back.

This is their way of just putting that final nail in the coffin.

but why not both?! blizz really that blind?

3 Likes

At this point I’m advocating some changes to Mark’s and I’m gonna roll there.

SURVIVAL is dead. Melee or ranged. Unless they bring back ranged survival in the xpac, melee won’t be able to carry the name successfully

Sorry to the like…5 percent of hunters who play msurv but that’s the current truth. It’s been rebuilt, rebuilt, rebuilt, poorly tuned, uncompetitive except in PvP and even there it’s not a star. If they won’t bring back ranged or something…just stop wasting resources and let’s work MM and BM

22 Likes

im with ya. you dont need to be sorry to me about SV. I think it should be ranged and then either another class or another spec should be the Msv. it was incredibly short sighted to just switch over a spec for no reason when they can just add one.

15 Likes

Blizzard has had to rewrite SV twice already, first removing all of its range abilities for Legion then again for BfA with add some range abilities back.

Blizzard needs to stop with their ideas of what SV should be and take notes from players.

Either suborness or just too lazy to tune numbers. But, the best way to move forward with SV is to allow more customization through talents.

We could have both iterations of SV by talent choices or just a hybridization of the two playstyles. But that requires time and Blizzard just does not seem to have that for hunters anymore.

9 Likes

in 5 mins any of us here could build a better one. ranged or melee. its just clear lack of investment and poor decision making.

9 Likes

judging by how many people complain about MM we really dont have two decent specs, its more like one spec performs well.

6 Likes

i dont mind how MM plays really…mostly. it needs some numbers help for sure. im worried that if they try to “fix” it it wont be playable for a while. at least i get kill shot back.

1 Like

It scales horribly and doesn’t have much sustained. So it’ll be a strong in early content just based off crit/haste. But then it falls off at the end of content because…it doesn’t have good AOE. Dmg doesn’t continue to scale up. Some versa helps some but it’s mastery is…eh. The bleed mastery was better but it needed to be buffed and they were afraid to let mastery be its highest dmg

They could buff haste scaling and ap scaling to auto attack, but people will say that’s boring. So it either needs a bleed(dots) or increased dmg on shots, increased scaling to shots from ap or…higher weapon dmg from the bows guns?

2 Likes

i dont have answers for MM. I have ideas on Msv and think it would be great if…I would also like to see hunters mark F off. im so sick of it. its not good game play. its antiqued and annoying. one of my biggest wishes is that the hunter specs could all use the same stats so we could just pick one to run with it for a night. i a little tired of multiple sets of gear to have a good time.

2 Likes

Not worried about survival at all. It’s blizzards mess to sort out.

2 Likes

ok but the thread is kinda about that so…

2 Likes

We have done just that, especially cause of the fact they never take our advice, and look how they have treated each spec. MM is slow and unplayable in PvP. MSV is still least played spec out of the entire game. BM is in the best way but boring.

We keep giving the keys over to Blizzard only for them to get drunk on their own ignorance and crash the whole class into a wall.

13 Likes

Well we give them miles of feedback. Constructive and not. Test anything they want. And we rarely ever see meaningful changes.

Take any spec/class Hunters, Pallies, Shamans, etc. Look through the forums. See a list, in each one, of playstyle issues. Qol improvements. Scaling issues. Literally pages and pages of issues and fixes.

Are they all good changes, no, do they all need addressed. No. But if a class doesn’t flow mechanically. Abilities don’t work together. Class is very weak. Why are these issues not being addressed in a new xpac or hot fixes?

Blizzard doesn’t want to fix classes. And it’s painfully obvious that they don’t play each class and spec like they used to.

So, I’m pushing for changes to Marks. Maybe get that straight but probably not. Because I’d like to play this toon again. Who I have 500+ days on.

Now, I enjoy other classes and specs. But this was a first character for me. And I can’t stand the way hunters play anymore lol

2 Likes

not even that, bm is fubar too because they screwed up cobra shot. now you arcane shot for filler because it’s too expensive to use cobra shot. Wiping out 4 talents in the tree. I swear they must be destroying hunters on purpose.

5 Likes