Do something about boosting

I much prefer playing Classic at max level. I prefer levelling in retail than leveling in Classic. Very easy to understand.

Answer me this: if the majority of players love leveling in Classic, why do the majority of players boost their alts?

Seems to me like you are the one playing the wrong game.

2 Likes

Completely agree. All the people defending degenerate boosting should go back to retail.

8 Likes

What if instead of trying to change things that existed in the game before you guy play retail where you can ask for changes. If we’re going to change things that don’t effect you like boosting why stop there? If I want my 4th 60 I’m going to get it boosted, not group with people. For most people leveling beyond their main they would probably want some if not most of the leveling done boosted. Leave the game we like alone, go play a different one if you don’t like this one.

5 Likes

Simply isn’t a thing in this version of vanilla, if you’re running out of quests then you’ve missed a bunch somewhere.

And to the OP -
I couldn’t care less about boosting, I quite like the levelling process in classic so I’m fine not to, but how does it really effect anybody except lower level people looking for dungeons. I sure as hell know my 3rd or 4th time through I’m just rushing to cap anyway

Edit: replied to the wrong person fml

2 Likes

I agree with the overall sentiment because I think it affects the opportunities for other players to play the way they want to play, but it’s ridiculous to think that Blizzard should jump in and change anything seeing as not a single legitimate game mechanic is being exploited and no one’s game play is directly affecting the other.

It’s still possible to run dungeons and make groups. It’s not as easy, but it’s still there.

1 Like

Bring on dungeon finder!

4 Likes

It’s not a problem. It does hurt the pool of people available for dungeons but there is nothing blizzard should or can do to change it. People doing it would just not play or find another way around the fix.

On the other side of the coin i think boosting has been great for the economy. Prices stay lower with the large amount of drops coming from these runs.

Edit: Boy was i wrong. I didn’t think there was any way blizz would be this stupid.

1 Like

Install the Puggle addon. Filters out all the boosting messages and shows you show is actually LFG.

2 Likes

I love all these “do something about boosting” posts.

Look, boosting isn’t ruining the leveling experience, you have ruined it for yourself. After nearly a year in Classic and you still consistently rely on PUGS you have no one to blame but yourself.

Most of us have spent the last year socializing, developing communities and meeting players so we have a wide selection of people to reach out to when it’s time to do a dungeon on an alt.

Stop relying on strangers, this isn’t retail. Meet people, socialize. Christ next thing you’ll be asking for LFD tool to force more people to play with your anti-social self.

5 Likes

Im with this guy.

Also if boosting wasn’t around, Id only hop on my alts randomly to do quests until now and BC. Ensure that I’m 60 when BC hits. My main would just farm for gold, and wait till BC to drop 5k on a epic flying mount.

that would be me though.

I disagree totally. What “spirit” is that, when (according to Blizzard) less than half the playerbase does ANY thing in WoW (raiding, pvp, Mythic, BGs)?

The game was not created for players who do what YOU do, or what I do.

Some players hate leveling, and will do anything (including boosting) to do less of it. Sure, one dungeon run only gives you 2 or 3 bars, so you have to buy A LOT of them to level. But it’s better than grinding, to those players.

1 Like

Lots of people thought they did, but they didn’t. At least they don’t want the majority of the game. And honestly, given how easy everybody says the raiding is, I don’t know why you’d even get boosted to 60 just to run some faceroll raids. But to each their own I guess.

Again I ask:

1. Why does it impact your game play?

2. Why should I level my 4th alt through questing when I’ve done it three times?

3. If you’re not buying gold to fund it, how is it harmful?

4. Why do people assume that all of the sudden there would be dungeons all over if people were boosting?

This is how it is. People used to boost in original wow as well. Even more effectively since you could drop group and get ALL the XP. You can find 100s of low quality videos on youtube.

Boosting has always been a thing.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that. I thought no there’s two different sets of players.

There’s those who don’t particularly enjoy leveling, and view it a chore you have to do before you play the “real” game. Those are the players buying boosts.

Then you have the players for whom that packed phase 1 leveling experience is wow, and they lose interest at max level, or even before. Those are the people who were here on the forums asking for F R E S H servers before BWL even came out.

Unless you’re a mage, dungeon xp isn’t that good. On my druid alt I haven’t done a single dungeon, but I haven’t boosted either. Sure I’d like to see less spam for boosting, but the only way to fix it is boost dungeon xp significantly. Imagine the uproar on the forums if they “ruined” the game by doing that

I’m always surprised what people find to complain about. Boosting is typical late stage MMO gameplay. You’re late to the party if you wanted to find dungeon groups easily while leveling. Classic WoW servers will mature into this state and it’s really as simple as that.

I don’t know why it still needs to be said but classic wow isn’t a reliving of your experience you had in vanilla.

You can make a case for new servers.

2 Likes

It is part of the game. I’m currently leveling a mage to see why they’re so special.

And being able to aoe down a pack of mob at the same time I take down 1 is OP.
Being able to pull an entire instance and boost people in it? It’s OP.
But this is how classic is, everyone knew it was unbalanced. Therefor, the extreme play-style are more visible.

Boosting in WoW is the new mentality, look at retail, since m+ and open heroic raid lockouts, carries are everywhere (can also call it boosting for gold), It’s the new mentality, go go go, now now now.

I wish there was a way to hide every post made by a non classic character

2 Likes

I think you mean maximum, because there are already minimum levels. But they can’t do that, because many low level dungeons people are boosting in have things you will need or want at level 60. It wouldn’t be reasonable to expect people to make low level alts over and over again to farm low level dungeons for raid consumables or BoE gear.

Boosting is fine. It happened all the time in vanilla, so I fail to see how it goes against the spirit of the game.

1 Like

He’s not, I’m afraid. You’re committing the same sin as the Wall of No people, denying others their gameplay based on your preferences.

Yes, boosting is clearly against the spirit of Classic. But WE BROUGHT that spirit to Classic, it isnt baked in. And there are New Kids in Town now. The developers explicitly allowed this (obv not the wall hacks flying and bots etc).

So in the final analysis,
1- Boosting happened in vanilla.
2- No Changes.
3- Boosting could easily affect our ability to form at-level groups.
4- If it is, we need external help to bolster at-level group formation.
5- I suggest separate servers (for us or them), massive guilds for us/them, addons, or external websites.

And secondly, remember that these New Kids by definition dont have much attention span*. They’ll be gone fairly quickly and the game will fall back into the hands of the RPG crowd.

*No hate, I was the same in my teens and twenties.