Do something about boosting

I don’t believe in a “spirit of the game”. Everyone plays VERY differently.

But I agree that the LFG channel is a big problem, especially on high-pop servers. We really need 4 “world-wide” channels for these 4 users:

1. people trying to form a group (LFM, LFG)

2. people selling or buying carries (WTB, WTS)

3. people advertising their guilds (non-stop spamming for hours)

4. people who want to talk anonymously about off-game topics (sex, race, religion, politics) and force an audience to listen to them. I guess the /1 and /2 channels and guild chat just aren’t a big enough audience for some people…

In my opinion users of LFG are only doing ONE of these 4 things.

3 Likes

Darn, just scanning the forums before i go to sleep. Seen this post and thought, DANG if he aint speaking the truth idk what truth is. Tried to scroll up to the post and like it only to find out i already did.

um no?

people still need to travel to the instance.

if you are suggesting the instaporting to the dungeon crap then you can gtfo of these forums.

They can’t put a max level cap on lower level dungeons because vital raid supplies come from these dungeons that 60s need. It was intended for us to go back into them to farm things.

1 Like

The problem with 2 of 4 of those, is that people get their jollies from forcing others to be engaged with their conversations against their will, so people will go into LFG and WTS to talk tripe, their end goal is disruption.

As with guilds, same general thought process, different intent, the idea is to get as many people as possible with the advertisement, whether appropriate or not.

2 Likes

then if your level is out of instance’s level range, you have to solo

What should happen is what others have posited: If the one doing the killing is of high enough level that the mobs are grey, then it should produce NO XP for any of the group.

Also good option :+1::+1::+1:

Nah keep boosting. Leveling is a terrible exercise in patience and boosting makes it bearable. Leveling as content isnt engaging or challenging. It’s boring content.

1 Like

How would this work for dungeons like Uldaman? Starting mobs are level 36, last boss is level 47. So if the tank is level 47, and the first mobs are grey, the level 42 healer shouldn’t get xp?

1 Like

The end game raids consist of a small handful of instances that you are doomed to run over and over and over and over, compared to a constant stream of different content while leveling. And you think LEVELING is unbearable?

2 Likes

Same way you do BRD. In level appropriate chunks. Uldaman has a back door that allows this very concept. Also, you do not need a L47 tank to handle a L47 boss.

But Youtube… everyone agrees that vanilla leveling is the best. Are you saying that it’s not? I just can’t believe you would come here and say such a thing… such an untrue statement.

Compared to end game raiding? It’s a constant advancement of your character and it’s gear. Raiding at endgame is being stuck at a level, MAYBE getting a piece of gear as a slight upgrade each week, and running the same handful of instances over and over each week. All the while, doing the mindnumbing collection of world buffs and spending vast amounts of money for consumables.

I really wonder why some of you even play classic. I mean, besides getting it for free with your retail sub.

1 Like

While I personally don’t have a problem with this, it’s already hard enough to find people to run Uldaman with. I think I’ve only done it twice since Classic started. Running twice would be a lot to ask for on most servers.

Not saying you do, that’s just who you happened to find to tank the dungeon. Again, not many people are running Ulda at this point. You take what you can get.

The main point is, your solution is too restrictive. How about we make it so you can’t be more than 10 levels above the last boss. That might be more fair.

I never thought that, even when I originally played vanilla I hated the leveling grind. I like end game content and so does the majority of players. The vast amount of boosting echoes my sentiment.

That’s your opinion, but the vast majority of us enjoy raiding. If you enjoy leveling, have at it. I will never level another classic character in the traditional sense again. If you take boosting, I’m just going to keep playing my rogue. I feel many others will follow suit. Leveling sucks.

1 Like

They’re here cause they want to clear Naxx. Many of the people you’re complaining about are here for that one goal. They couldn’t do it back then so they’re back to do it now.

1 Like

Nailed it, I came to do AQ and NAXX. Then I’m good on classic.

1 Like

[citation missing]

My citation is we dont struggle at all filling 40 man raids, but you complain about being unable to fill 5 man leveling groups. You try so hard.

1 Like