Do something about 100-200k hp players in BGs

I’ve played a few low ilvl players this expansion. Never once GY camped though. Maybe play better?

templates should be applied to people under 450(highest wq ilvl) so lowies can at least be tougher punch bags, i have seen people with 69k hp that’s just not fair for them or us

5 Likes

I really think minimum templates would help. Just scale everyone to at least 425 ilvl, and when your gear exceeds that, your real ilvl takes over

Had a healer the other day with 98k health. Was a wasted spot honestly. The dps could overpower her healing CDs and kill her right through them.

Also didn’t help that in any team fight she had to focus solely on herself or she’d drop dead

Would’ve been nice to have her ilvl bumped up to a point where she could actually contribute

15 Likes

Speaking of this, just did a little bg to warm up. I queue up and Warsong Gulch pops.

Our 2 healers: a Disc Priest 161k health and a Holy Pally 212k health. Horde’s healers are a 516k health MW Monk and a 498k health Holy Pally… :woozy_face:

One of the pugs calls out our Priest for having low gear, and another pug instantly leaves (presumably after reading the chat and seeing this).

The match starts, we clash in mid-field and it’s basically a full team wipe… Alliance 7 casualties, Horde 0 casualties. A different pug afks out right after the dust settles, so it’s an 8v10 now.

While waiting in the graveyard I open up the charts and take a look, and I’m #2 DPS on the Alliance team… as a 437 Hunter with no gear :grimacing:

The team is obviously doomed, so I take my leave.

Very undergeared players absolutely have a negative effect on win-rates, anyone who says otherwise is just lying.

5 Likes

It’s a bit concerning that you’re #2 dps with 437 ilvl and a hunter. That’s not the healers fault.

2 Likes

We need ranked que for bgs.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t mind that at all, if RBGs are dead then making it into an (optional) queue-able system might revitalize the content. I would certainly try my hand at “solo-queue” RBGs, especially if the reward/conquest payout is better than “regular” bgs.

This would also “solve” the issue of sometimes ending up with these sub-100k health players as your pug teammates.

Presumably these lowbies and no-gear fresh 120s would stay in the “lower” ratings, and us more geared players would get better matches (geared players being paired against geared players).

3 Likes

We have it already. It’s called rated Bgs.

1 Like

Pretty sure he was referring to a “solo queue” option.

Rated bgs are currently premade/non-queueable content.

3 Likes

I know what he’s referring to. But we already have ranked queues.

Unfortunately BG matches are not better tiered (at all after 120 which is ridiculous with the difference between a fresh 120 and a 480 ilvl toon). If you have anything to be upset about, that is it. It is not that person’s fault, and they don’t owe you any further amount of effort to participate.

It’s not really your place to question when a person decides to play a portion of the game they enjoy. I’ve seen this over and over in BG’s. If you do not want to participate in a bg with them, you are always free to leave.

What’s the saying, say something nice or don’t say it at all. Sorry man, it’s just toxic.

7 Likes

That is an incredibly stupid thing to say, Jugaa.

1 Like

/forehead :exploding_head:

1 Like

Wait… people enjoy contributing nothing and dragging their team down with them? Hmmm…

1 Like

You’re free to avoid randoms and play rated.

That’s your only option.

3 Likes

If you’re contributing nothing, even lower geared, that’s a you problem.

Generally, the only thing a severely outgeared player contributes is the time spent killing them that could have been spent on trying to kill someone that is more productive.

They still have CC. I’ve seen plenty of lower geared players do better than the over geared ones.

4 Likes

Or, try to bring the issue up enough so that hopefully Blizzard realizes that huge power gaps are bad for PvP and they revert back to a better system.

5 Likes

I agree something should be done. The issue is Ion.

3 Likes