Do something about 100-200k hp players in BGs

Today I had a 150k hp warrior in my random BG. I asked in chat why they didn’t even have their cloak or a single essence and got flamed by him and another person calling me elitist for asking that question.

People with this low of gear don’t help or benefit the team in anyway. It’s like you are essentially missing a person. Just bring back pvp templates or something.

As someone who is farming honor and wins, it’s infuriating to have this on your team. Honor rates are WAY too low as it is and a massive waste of time when you lose. a ~20minute match all for 169 honor?

37 Likes

Do rated bgs instead if you want fully geared players.

20 Likes

Absolute dead bracket with 0 rewards and long queue times. Don’t even think the community realizes they exist.

Are you defending having no cloak and not even a single essence? You are aware it takes like 30min to get an essence…

Are people not allowed to want to win random battlegrounds? They are a good source of honor and conquest if you win.

This would be like playing Overwatch and only using your melee ability
Or playing Fortnite and running around with just a pickaxe
Etc.
All of which would cause your team to hate on you for throwing the game, even if they’re unrated matches.

15 Likes

That’s not true, they are good for a laugh when you watch them get rolled in 2 globals. Always brings a smile to my face.

Are people not allowed to play the game how they want to?
If you want to gate-keep then do rated.

Unironically, I was playing Overwatch tonight and had a QP match where our healer threw. He ran over to the enemy base and hit the dance emote. So I ran over and joined. The enemy team left us alone and won easily.
The rage in chat was hilarious. Kids getting salty over Quick Play lmao.

5 Likes

Thanks for the spam.

1 Like

The reality is that PVP is that overwatch and Fortnite give you a full kit straight off the bat.

WoW pvp forces you to work 4 part time jobs just to get gear to play the LOWER END pvp content in the game.

You then have to have a degree in mythic raiding to take part in high end pvp activities.

^ Neither of these two things should even be a barrier for Random BG’s.
Random BG’s should have a set template that ANYONE can queue into and play the game on a set, balanced playing field.

27 Likes

Just continue to call them out if your teams smart they will do something If not then they want to lose /shrug

1 Like

Unlucky man.

I feel for you, I’d hate to run into random casuals in random casual content too.

20 Likes

It really only bothers me when they occupy a healer slot. I never expect an easy win but I do make the mistake of expecting a fair game here and there so I get disappointed when our only healer or 1/2, 1/3 hasn’t even attempted to get 300k health.

I take more issue with the system than with these players but with ‘scaling’ being what it is, you’d think people would make more of an effort so as not to waste their teammates’ time.

1 Like

It’s unreal. Everyone in here still taking these scrubb’s side. This is an alt, but it’s been 120 for a little over a week and I have 430k hp. There is no excuse for walking your happy @ss with no hp in a BG and then flaming people who question your decision. I was lucky enough to switch sides and play against some low geared people on horde. Made my day to tea-bag them.

14 Likes

That’s not even casuals. That’s like, people who just dinged 120. That’s naivety at best and trolling at worst.

9 Likes

Don’t like it?
Do rated.

14 Likes

Took my undergeared (430ilvl) holy priest into a BG today and honestly regretted it.
You get 1 cast off and then get piled by absolutely every melee class on the enemy team and nobody even bothers to peel for you because your 300k HP.

They then get mad and cry because nobody is healing them.

5 Likes

Its is Naieve to believe that a 200k character is even remotely good enough to be competing with mythic geared players.

The system is bad and i can’t blame the people for WANTING to pvp, but the game refuses to let them.

10 Likes

They (pugs) don’t peel for 500K healers either. It’s just the case that a geared healer can survive it better.

3 Likes

Yep.
One thing i have learnt over the years is respect your healer, defend them and they will be the nicest people you will ever meet.

Disrespect them and you will not get a single heal, ever.

5 Likes

Correct, I like the fact that people can queue into random BGs and play however they want.
You want to gatekeep people? Do rated.

8 Likes

Maybe because they are dead because they have no healer ?

3 Likes

It’s not playing. It’s getting gy camped all day.

Nah! Players like the OP only want BGs where they can strut around QQing about the what low gear the others have. Usually there are the ones who paid to be carried in M+ to gear up for the gear.