Do pets matter?

Can you tame one at level 17?

Can you tame theā€¦Kurkin or whatever, at 17? I honestly canā€™t remember.

Edit: And people are suggesting Spirit Beasts, which arenā€™t available at a low level either.

I always preferred tenacity as they are a little tougher and can hold aggro better. Once you hit 60, get a spirit beast. Easiest one to grab is Lightning Paw.
https://www.wow-petopia.com/index.php

Since nobody has linked it yet

'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhvvNGeHHME

Corehounds and Clefthooves are just as durable as Tenacity pets, and have lust.

2 Likes

Ferocity, specifically Core hounds or Clefthooves, they have shields for tanking as well as leech for healing and give you leech as well.

2 Likes

I love Clefthooves as my tanky pet.

With blood of the rhino and thick hide they are pretty tough.

2 Likes

All I remember about rhinos is avoid them at all costs as they ā€œtossā€ their target which causes all sorts of issues. That was some time ago though and hopefully they fixed it or took it out.

:cookie:

OP, several of the pets mentioned here are exotic, and only usable above level 65 if specced beast master. At lower levels or in other specs you canā€™t use one.

The website petopia has pretty good resources.

3 Likes

Well, cool!! I just picked up my first Core Hound, Magmagan, yesterday, so I think Iā€™ll let him do his job for a bit.

1 Like

As said, most pets mentioned are exotic and require lvl 65 AND beast master spec.
The site above shows all families.

Scalehides are close to clefthoof abilities and this is the lowest level one you can get.

Actually got the lvl 10 one on a gnomey. Was fun getting to desolace at lvl 10.

1 Like

pets are about 90% less meaningful then they once were, yes
it still matters like 10% what you choose tho
they were nerfed as they were OP, impossible to balance with rest of game

1 Like

The Major type of your pet matters for obvious reasons (Tenacity, Ferocity, Cunning) however, the specific pet you choose to use in that family can still play a significant role overall.

For example in Season 4 of shadowlands, the seasonal Mini Boss and the Infiltrators heal quite a lot along with some bosses (Grimrail). You can use a pet from any of those 3 Major Families (Wasp, Ravager Etc) that offers a Mortal Strike as itā€™s special attack, which greatly reduces the amount of healing done by NPCs over the course of your run. This also effects the Sanguine affix.

Hope this helps, Happy Hunting!

Might want to check the dates of posts youā€™re replying to.

3 Likes

These are my favorite. They carry your crap for you on their rumps, look great, arent too big and they have Ferocity too

2 Years Later

2 Likes

I knew something was weird when I saw Wild, lol.

2 Likes

Yes pets matter silly! :roll_eyes:

You can get a pure breed pet for 10 bucks on the Blizz store or be poor and get one in game. :blush:

I highly recommend baby Ursoc, because he sits and dances with you if you target him beforehand. Heā€™s a special little man and I love him a lot. :sob:

1 Like

Yes I am not happy about making all hunter pets becoming generic and standard to a given point. Also you took away Claw from Cats and give them Rake not sure if there is any advantage by doing that unless the Bleed over time create more or less damage. And the talents Crower and Growl, why do we need two talents that basically to the same thing. One states it does not create damage. Neither one creates damage. You only need one that will generate less treat to prevent your pet from being less likely this way youā€™re not pulling the treat off of your group tank but still assisting in damage.