Do pets matter?

Wats the best pet for solo leveling things

Pets have been standardized and you have 3 classes of pets now and that’s really it.

Some of the spectral pets have a minor heals I think, I don’t recall without googling.

You have Ferocity, Cunning and…um Tenacity to choose from now, but no single dps pet is going to blow up your meters over another dps pet.

5 Likes

Any pet will work for the reasons Paladina brought up. I would get a tenacity (tank) pet for leveling because it is always helpful to have a meat shield!

1 Like

no. ferocity pets are better because of leech and self healing.

7 Likes

Sporebat.

Literally doesn’t matter. No sarcasm.

1 Like

While it’s true that all pets’ damage has been equalized, they do differ slightly on utility, especially for beast mastery hunters.

Core Hounds are the best solo content pet, as they have a damage reduction and a good ability. You get the base leech, healing you both, and if you choose the right talent it’ll increase it so you have a base 15% leech. Makes it easy to sustain yourself and your pet.

Other pets are good for PvP, as they have a healing reduction or a stun. Cunning pets are good for legacy content for the movement speed buff. Some pets even have QoL improvements, like water walking and slow fall.

They’ll all do the same damage, but they can differ a lot when it comes to utility. Just look at all the options and find which one(s) appeal to you and your playstyle.

3 Likes

What level. Is core hound pet

Seconded.
I can tell REAL quick when I drop a leeching pet for something else.
Its ridiculous that we’re limited to a third of the pets in the game now.
Let pets have their species specific abilites (stealth on cats, webs on spiders) but let us CHOOSE if we want Cunning, Ferocity or Tenacity on our pet.

3 Likes

anything with Ferocity (leech can make a big difference)

corehounds are exotic and like spirit beasts require lvl 65 to tame regardless of the potential pets level.

1 Like

If you’re a BM Hunter id highly suggest a Spirit Beast.

A ferocity spirit beast will give you lust, a buff dispel, and heal you. Plus you get a cool one free as part of a questline, so.

1 Like

Doesn’t exist anymore, ALL Spirit Beasts are Tenacity.

2 Likes

A boar bear or turtle.

Ah I did not know that.

Corehounds are the best tank pet besides the Leech, it has the 50% damage reduction ability and a Thorns ability while doesn’t do much damage it does add to the pet’s aggro allowing the Corehound to hold more threat on multiple targets combined with Multi-Shot Beast Cleave.

Yep. Ferocity’s leech is the best thing to have while leveling.

We are this far in and no one has mentioned that Clefthooves are the best solo pets?

2 Likes

For a hunter, ferocity is probably best because of the leech, cunning a second for the move speed. You can have both and switch in the field.

The differences now are very minor.

10% extra armor and 20% extra healing is hardly “minor”.

Pink Tallstrider is hands down the best pet.

1 Like