Do people with no gear deserve to be shamed?

Just left an eye of the storm where we lost badly and by the end of the bg these guys started ganging up on a few people without gear.

Do you think this is justified?

1 Like

Freedom to queue is not freedom from repercussions.

47 Likes

Yes

/10 chars

20 Likes

No. Very rarely is it just gear why a team loses. Just another scapegoat like saying we lost because they had a premade.

32 Likes

not at all, more so if it is lower lvl bgs, gear requirement by players should only be in rated, not regular bgs.

14 Likes

If you see that, report them. Blizzard will reward those players with a 24 hour silence.

6 Likes

^ This guy wins.

/thread

10 Likes

Random BGs only reward 415 and they are entry-level content, similar to normal dungeons. We need more people queuing for PvP and this hazing only serves to shrink our numbers.

37 Likes

Pretty much this. I get pretty annoyed when people tell people to go pve first. Maybe go complain to blizzard that PvP gearing sucks instead. They’re the real trolls.

38 Likes

Views from room temp iq players in a casual setting is poorly founded.

Argument would be stronger in an organised settings with gating controllable at the will of every person who participates, e.g. literally any rated brackets.

2 Likes

People with literally no gear should be automatically sent to a gear dispensing machine that gives them a full set of white quality gear.

I mean, gear plays a part sure but the problem rests with Blizzard. It’s really degenerate when people shame people in a random bg for not having gear lmao. Like, who cares. It’s a random.

10 Likes

NO its NOT justified unless it was a rated battleground.
To be honest I don’t know WHO has time to be checking out everyone else’s gear. They must really think that item level = competence :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I check the health of both our team and the other team while waiting for the bg to start. If I see a player on our team who is really low health, I could inspect him to see what’s up with their gear.

5 Likes

“Very rarely is it just gear why a team loses” Pffft…

You act like a premade is a bunch of schmucks not on vent laughing as they pummel a bunch of random suckers.

But hey, lets just roll into a bg with piss gear and the guy with 800K HP and the best mythic gear walks all over you but it has nothing to do with gear or anything. PVP is a joke at the moment and gear, especially PVE gear plays a big part in it.

25 Likes

It isn’t, the reward currently is 425 gear for bgs, it only makes sense that some below that should be able to go have fun while getting upgrades. they make rated bgs for elitists to strut their stuff against each other and there is no minimum item level like their is for even heroic dungeons because…unrated are for everyone! Why anyone should feel they need to be raid geared to do a casual round of pvp is beyond me, I’ve gone and raided and I’d rather watch a documentary on the migratory habits of sea slugs then do it again. Someone explain to me why raid gear is even viable in pvp…pvp power, resilience, bring out something pvp related to dominate not…raid junk.

5 Likes

Things that are allowed by blizzard:

• Queuing up with bad / no gear
  • Mass reporting a player for insta-kick
  • Reporting individuals who harass you

Do as you see fit.

So not true .

Anyway I don’t support flaming of anyone for low gear.

5 Likes

Agreed. Stressing over something Blizz allows isn’t worth the aggravation. Besides, I can think of games where 1-2 peeps left at the start over low gear and what do ya know? We won just fine. heh! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I love when the people who come in with under 100k hp say they’re gearing through BGs. >.<

1 Like