Do people still use Recount?

Do people still use Recount? And other third party programs? Are those a thing of the past. And if they do, which is the best?

1 Like

They don’t.

Most people have been using this since a bit through legion: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/details

6 Likes

Details for me

Some use skada

2 Likes

Yep

Was just updated a few days ago it seems

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/recount

I can’t tell you which the best is but the most popular is details which has been linked to you already.

3 Likes

REEEE COUNT.

Yes, you can still use it but details seems to be more widely used lately.

3 Likes

I use Skada.

REEEE COUNT is a meme.

lmao.

2 Likes

I use Recount. It’s easy, it’s what I’m used to to. It inflates my DPS / HPS and makes me feel better about myself.

If I actually care about the numbers I’ll log and look at warcraftlogs.

2 Likes

I use details. Did not like what recount looked like.

1 Like

I use skada. Husband uses details. I’ve tried details but I find the numbers are way off… but it’s great to feel good about yourself.

4 Likes

I used Skada for a while but for years I’ve have been using nothing but Details.

My raid leader back in Legion had us all switch to Details as he claimed it more accurately matches the raid logs. Recount and Skada use different range-detection for inclusion in the meters that sometimes doesn’t match what the advanced combat log catches and the combat log (parsed by Warcraft Logs) is most accurate. Also, Recount used to take up a lot more resources than either Details or Skada suggesting it’s inefficiently coded.

1 Like

That’s because it’s super outdated.

Also recount stops recording peoples damage when they die making their performance look better.

1 Like

You should read some of the nonsensical cope in the linked mmo thread. Someone saying recount isn’t inefficient garbo kek

No, mostly because details is simply better in every way.

Eh I use skada. I find details to be to detailed.

3 Likes

Link? Ten chars

No one who’s serious about it uses Recount anymore.

They use Details!.

2 Likes

Skada was bae

I am not sure I have ever seen this happen.

I currently use details but it’s kind of heavy so I might swap back to skada.

2 Likes