DO NOT upgrade your belt to tier set

Bots and AFK mar farmers aren’t exactly what I’d call “playing the game” out in the world.

If you’re agreeing with me that new people aren’t really an issue (and thus tacitly agreeing that they won’t worry about the catalyst), then why did you hinge your entire point on “but much new players”? You’re contradicting yourself now. Again, it’s not Blizzard’s job to gauge the literacy of people who play their game. There’s a forum post about it, plus an in-game notification window that explicitly shows you that you do not receive tier bonus from the mong items, and lastly you can literally just look with your eyes at the items that DO give tier bonus and which ones don’t. It in no way is Blizzard’s fault. They’ve communicated both in and out of game that certain pieces do not grant tier bonus. Anyone falling for it after all of that is trolling themselves and should be made fun of.

These two “sets” of items, the actual tier items, and the other items should have been on a DIFFERENT NPC or machine or whatever it is, and should warm you about tier sets before you craft it. Considering how convoluted this entire xpac has been, there is a clear need to outline this to players. not everyone reads wowhead and hangs out on the forums. Most people don’t.

Why do you need a stop sign at a 4-way intersection?

You don’t even need an outside source. C’mon now.

I don’t think that means what you think it does.

Honestly I don’t care. I’m not going to make the mistake myself, but I can totally see people seeing the word “tier” and just thinking its part of the set. Considering all the legendary changes, all the slots you can put the second one in, and the fact that there has been no tier in WoW for a LONG time, there are sure to be people who mess up. It’s not like they’re trying to be careless and make a bad choice.

Yes those only go towards bonuses all other items go towards the tier transmog set and in some cases if the stats are right they go towards bis

lol yes it does. Meaning why don’t people look out for everything all the time without prompts or warnings? They don’t, that’s why you have stop signs and speed limits and Windows Defender and electrical outlet protection and anything people don’t just do their due diligence on themselves. I have’t seen the catalyst yet but unless there is a warning that pops up that says “this item does not contribute to your tier set bonus”, I have an issue with it.

wording is hard they hurt

/s

Blizzard has no obligation to walk people through common sense.

3 Likes

It does show you . Are you not smart enough to move your mouse cursor over what the new item is to become and see if it go towards the set bonus or not ?

That’s your opinion. Mine is different on this issue.

I’m not talking about me. You people are the reason warnings are needed LOL. You don’t read.

Well technically it kinda did when it showed you the item you’d be getting.

3 Likes

explains it does tell you

“No, you are the reason it’s needed, you don’t read.”

…what even.

2 Likes

Belt, bracers, boots and cloak are part of the tier set, they just don’t have bonus.

1 Like

My guess would be way more harder that people taking 1 minute to read the blue post or even less reading what their item will become.

1 Like

It legit directly shows you what it will turn into before you do it.

You have no excuse, this is your mistake.

This is like talking to walls lmao.

Wouldn’t have cost them anything, to post exactly what they posted?

Ah-buuuut…

3 Likes