DO NOT upgrade your belt to tier set

But how would that even work from a game standpoint? There are 5 slots listed on a tier piece

I don’t remember how tier bonuses worked outside of vanilla and TBC.

Vanilla tier bonuses had the entire set attached to it so you needed to wear everything from bracers to the helm if you wanted the full bonus.

TBC changed this to Gloves, Chest, Shoulders, Leggings and Helm for the tier bonus to make it easier to aquire the full bonus and allow swapping out the other pieces for preferred stats.

It’s reasonable to assume that they’d keep up with a more convenient tier system like what TBC had rather than attach each item to the tier bonus. Not to mention they said what items would offer a tier bonus and it shows what it becomes when you’re about to change the item.

5 slots listed for the set bonus. I know how people are using tier, but thats exactly the problem here.

I really dont know what english people are using when tier (a row or level) somehow means set bonus.

How about tier set means tier set and set bonus means set bonus so no one is confused?

They arent an elective public srvant, calm down. They are free to discuss it
 or not.

I apologize for this in advance
but

Your creation catalyst cooldown for this week went to
WAIST

:stuck_out_tongue: sorry had to pun

9 Likes

There needs to be more Dad jokes!

Signed into WoW after work super hyped to get vault and a tier piece. Go to creation catalyst and choose to upgrade my boots as they are my BIS. Not knowing that boots don’t give tier as I haven’t collected a tier to look at what all gives tier. Instant regret
 definitely on me for not knowing but why allow any items that can’t provide tier bonus to be upgraded via the system specifically for tier bonus
I very rarely look at external media for the game and only resort to it for issues I’m having in game such as this one.

I wonder how hard it would be to just look at the expected outcome window
 y’know, the one that specifically shows it will NOT turn into a bonus piece.

It shows you in the preview though. You didn’t look at the preview?

it could have a warning popup “this piece doesn’t hold any tier set bonus - are you sure?”
or something like that.

i thought it was obvious but i knew some ppl would get got heh

I get it man. Lots of people in the world need their hand held though. Might as well code in a little warning.

2 Likes

God forbid we get to use it more them once a week if we farmed the currency.

How did we get 200 posts in and you’re the first to make this joke lol

1 Like

To change its stats or unlock the mog.

Nowhere ingame does it talk about tier. The quest reads Adventurer, can you feel it? High above the Catalyst Gardens, the Creation Catalyst hums with new power. This power while will (typo ingame here) change the world itself. You must harness it at once.

You then go to the catalyst, and it’s just a box, you put an item and it turns into another. To know it has anything to do with tier, you’d have to have outside the game knowledge about it, all of which would clearly tell you that only the 5 main pieces have set bonus applied to them.

edit : I stand corrected. It does say transform a regular item into a set item in the catalyst iteself, still no word about set bonus until you’ve put the item that has one, at which point you would see what the items turns into anyway.

Despite the efforts of goodwill players and an official Blizzard article, some will slip through the cracks. I agree that there should be some kind of instructions in the game so that players who haven’t been around for a long time would be aware. Blizzard expects people to read up on WoW outside of the game and in my opinion, that’s a design that causes problems like OP is now having.

It always sucks when this happens because it’s an experience that can turn a player away from the game. People, be nice to each other. OP should not be expected to go out of their way to learn something that should be in the game.

Honestly, if you are not reading your screen where it shows you what it’s going to turn into and can’t realize there is no set bonus on it for a reason, that’s on you.

1 Like

There is one though. It literally shows you what the item turns into.

No. No more confirmation windows. So sick of having to confirm everything I do because people don’t pay attention.

Yeah, 2 or 3 is a lot