DO NOT upgrade your belt to tier set

Except that’s exactly the reason why people knew would contribute to the mistakes.

Some people are just new to the game. It’s not their fault.

That’s the transmog set.

Even when WoWHead pulls out files and decodes them for their website - they list the tier sets as being the pieces that give the bonus.

That’s actually not true at all … belts, bracers and feet haven’t given set bonuses since like TBC ?

Go look at your covenant set belt and bracers.

Also, items that had the name of the tier set had the bonuses. Offset items had different names.

1 Like

Exactly this. Naming the non tier items the same way the tier items are named, and having them come out of the thing that is supposed to create tier items is the root of the issue.

People saw this coming a mile away last week when they announced it.

1 Like

Yup, the last time there were belt/bracers/boots that contributed to a tier set bonus(es) was back in Sunwell Plateau patch for Tier 6 sets.

You’re right, it’s the naming that’s so misleading. Only set bonus items had the name of the tier set. Though as I said a moment ago, the covenant sets had belt/boots/bracers included in the set bonus.

This kind of comment is why I hate the forums.

I said nothing about anything outside the game. Before you confirm which piece to use did you not hover over the piece that is created?

Also “information outside the game” is provided by Blizzard because they know some systems can be confusing. You have a responsibility to learn how it works if someone provides a guide for you.

There is no escaping that it’s just lazy not to confirm what you are getting. Just take responsibility and stop blaming others.

1 Like

Again not being rude just trying to help you understand by blaming Blizzard you are bound to make the same mistake again at some point in life. Take responsibility for not putting in the effort. Know better next time.

no one was running around in a covenant set though cause the gear was dreadful ? Literally doesnt relate to anything in regards to previous tier pieces

I was, it was better than LFR and I didn’t really touch much end game beyond that in 9.0. Especially on my alts.

Many of us saw this coming but what can you do?
You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink. In this case you can’t make people read.

Or make Blizzard clarify things better.

The tooltip shows if it has the set bonus or not.
You have a 5sec countdown and a second confirmation button.
Short of them doing it for you I can’t think what else could be done.
A lot of us have wanted matching armor sets for raids for forever, and they finally delivered on it again after so long.

Worded it better:

it is a tier peice , for your tier set , just doesnt have bonuses on it . We have know about this for months .

It even tells you exactly what you will get ingame at teh catalyst when you put the item in.

There was a thread here a week before it opened warning people of this . Some people in the tread said that even wow players wouldnt be stupid enough to think that set bonuses came from belts etc ( not me , I said that they were greatly overestimating teh player base )

how can they clarify things better than telling you exactly what you get when you put an item into teh catalyst .

He didn’t make a tier piece. He made one of the transmog pieces with alternate stats.

Problem is they named the extra pieces like the tier pieces.

why would a new player think otherwise? People have referenced the fact that back in Legion and prior those slots never gave bonuses unless you went back to vanilla - but that completely ignores any player that started playing in the last couple of years when Tier sets were gone.

You do realize I was being sarcastic, right?