Do NOT update your add ons using curseforge app

The crappy twitch or forge whatever it’s called now will install classic add on’s over your retail ones now.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s happened to me before. I think they’ve got the wrong ones linked up.

I used to use it for both classic and current. Never had an issue. Now that I have a new laptop with only current on it, I still use it without issue.

3 Likes

It seems to be kind of random as to when it happens and which addons. It’s not all of them across the board.

hmmm for me twitch app is not loading my addons

I had that issue in classic, I would click update in my classic list and it would install a retail version of that addon instead.

That happens randomly, too. LOL

Remember when it was a simple program that JUST updated your addons and nothing else…man old days were great

I fav part is when it can’t even load the add on’s at all

2 Likes

That happened to me a couple times several months ago but you can ensure it doesn’t do that by checking the addon version number. Most addons that don’t have a separate classic version will list “-classic” in their version numbers.

1 Like

thats weird, two days ago i only had like 2 addon updates now i got 20

You sure you are clicking the right installation before updating/downloading addons?

I have never had this problem when i installed addons for both versions.

1 Like

never had this problem till today probably put retail add ons into classic now too

Yep retail add ons in the classic fodler GG twitch

I’ve always done it manually, instead of using a thing to do it. Never trust a thing! :wink:

I only use a few add ons anyway.

i manually update… most of it is my innate paranoia.

You know there’s a drop-down menu on the top right of the addon list, to select which version of the client you’re updating. It lists alphabetically, and defaults to Classic if you have that installed because C comes before R (for retail).

1 Like

People use a program to install their addons?

1 Like

Always manually update addons.

lol
#10chars #popcorn

Who still has the old Non-Classic version installed?

this has happened to me with weak auras more than once. it’s super annoying. I’ve got the client set to ignore that addon, I just updated it manually.,

1 Like