Do NOT nerf Guardian Druid Mage Tower

No that straight up means that I am not wasting my time attempting the challenge at all before last week. You know this company and community and I am not going to waste my time and them then nerfing it to the ground.

1 Like

That actually makes sense and you may well be right.

See, EXACTLY. 140 pulls for this MOG. I studied. I failed. I kept studying. I watched videos. I died over and over and over… and then through all my hard work and perseverance, I finally got it. Felt so good too. I am now on 190 pulls on my Guardian Druid, and still no skin. and guess what, I am ok with that.

5 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

3 Likes

Speak for yourself dude

1 Like

The very definition of participation trophy.

How about a colorless version just for flying out to the tower?

5 Likes

I actually don’t understand some WoW players. I don’t know how you can see this game’s 17 year legacy and then still think to yourself “Yeah, you know what, Blizzard should give me that thing for free because I pay a sub”. An actual joke.

3 Likes

I can tell you’re a right-wing conservative. And what is wrong with participation trophies exactly old timer?

1 Like

Yea, who gives a crap if the majority of your players can’t complete a challenge that was dropped in the midst of a content drought and at a pivotal time for bringing back players who have left the game. Great logic from the white knights as always!

4 Likes

Uhh… no? At least I’m not, and I agree that we shouldn’t be handing out participation trophies. Do the content, get good, earn the reward, and have that satisfaction of climbing the mountain.

You understand you will have more fun if you actually try, right? We play the game for fun, and simply having climbed the mountain ourselves, have the first-hand perspective to say “Yeah, it is more fun, why don’t you have more fun?”

You’re literally trying to ruin your own opportunity to have fun and it is kind of cringe NGL. Stop whining on the forum, get out there, play the game, and have fun with it.

1 Like

I don’t think you understand the difference between something being difficult and something being broken.

Mage Tower is broken.

6 Likes

Yep this. And just because a statistically insignificant number of people have completed it doesn’t change that fact.

2 Likes

Nope, too much crazy for my taste.

It’s a reward for losing, you get a prize for just showing up. Why try to win? Oh, and you kids never learn “The agony of Defeat” and how to PROPERLY cope with it.

Losing is part of life. What kind of teacher are you if you never teach you kids how to deal with it?

4 Likes

You use that retarded term and don’t identify as a right winger… yea sure.

Or I’ll just play another game that’s actually fun. I’m not into WoW BDSM and most other people aren’t either.

Of course but there are limits. Mage Tower is bonkers and the carrot is 10 miles away. Not even worth the frustration for most people.

There is a thing called opportunity cost. And the time I put into this crappy overtuned challenge is time I could put in FF14. And you know what, I’d rather play FF over this joke of a challenge.

2 Likes

These are virtual rewards in a video game not real life, omg.

Because it’s a video game which is supposed to be fun? But if something isn’t fun, I won’t try, hence why I don’t want to touch the MT.

Don’t even know wth this means. This is probably something only people in your Facebook bubble know about.

Again, THIS IS A VIDEO GAME NOT REAL LIFE.

2 Likes

Shut up. :clown_face:

1 Like

You asked what was wrong with participation trophies, you never mentioned real life or video game. But thanks for providing an example.

And here ya go…

1 Like

Please dont turn this into a dumbed down freebie. This is the most fun WoW had to offer in ages. Trying out different challenges with different classes is awesome!

3 Likes

Is this supposed to be some kind of clever retort or can someone else speak boomer and enlighten me?

2 Likes

This thread is about Guardian Tower. Why are you talking about other classes.

1 Like

And that’s when you know you’ve won and argument, when your opponent resorts to insults. But then again, you’re representing your server perfectly.

2 Likes