Do NOT nerf Guardian Druid Mage Tower

Plenty of people have got it. It can be done.

NOT EVERYTHING IN GAME SHOULD BE MADE SO EVERYONE CAN GET IT. Especially something as special as this.

I love how hard it is. I love how few people have it. I am 145 tries in on my Druid and haven’t really come close. I’m so ok with that. When I see someone with it I know that person is a hardcore player that has some serious skill.

Keep it that way.

DO NOT NERF IT AT ALL.

35 Likes

Pretty much this. I was fortunate enough to complete it when it first came out and let me tell you, it was hard. But I kept trying and eventually after 100+ runs, I was able to get it and it felt great to earn the skin from such a hard fight.

10 Likes

Agreed. Everything. And no one should be deprived of something special just because they lack the ability to overcome an arbitrary “challenge.”

Nerf it all, Blizzard! Nerf it to Shreds!

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/73973892.jpg

10 Likes

Really enjoying the challenges so far. Some of them probably need tuning (I haven’t tried bear yet), but it feels good when you complete a scenario that you’ve been working at for a while.

4 Likes

Nah, if they can’t make it the same difficulty that it was @ the end of Legion, needs to be nerfed till it is. This idea that THIS version is somehow more prestigious is a load of crap.

Just another one of “those guys” that thinks everyone else should gitgud.

23 Likes

I think the mage tower should be a bit harder. It is a cosmetic reward, why would anyone want a trivial to obtain cosmetic reward? The mage tower isn’t extremely trivial, you do have to practice it a little bit and come to the basic understand that in WoW you need to be able to move while thinking about your abilities at the same time. If that is something you will never consider thinking about, then so be it, but let people have their cosmetic thing they got for doing that. Blizz tries to lock away so much crap behind skill checks, it make me happy when they begrudgingly let it be a cosmetic for once.

/shrug Took me 80-something pulls in Legion. Took me 29 in 9.1.5. Anecdotal and all that, but I have a feeling that the people struggling the most are those who aren’t familiar with it from the first time around.

12 Likes

If they can’t get it to how it was in Legion then yes nerf it…

4 Likes

Especially since the rewards are crappier.

7 Likes

TBH, getting a covenant to 80 is way more rewarding than the Mage Tower.

You might have just gotten better along with the residual knowledge? Luffa made it so much easier in Legion, and i honestly don’t see how anyone that did it w/Luffa, and now can argue it’s a similar difficulty. I think it’s probably similar to D1 legion w/o Luffa, but maybe that’s just me.

I’m basically flabbergasted by this whole ordeal. I think they had an amazing opportunity to add content till patch. They could have set it at a gear level that could have extended the content till patch, people grinding alts to get the mount etc, but they didn’t. They just took another swing at the casuals who like cool Xmogs, while the CE/KSM/Glad peeps already have plenty and isn’t the group that needs tossed a bone in current wow.

4 Likes

No. I don’t agree at all. Instead I see it as casuals yet again aren’t good enough to get something so they want it nerfed to the ground so they can have it. It is not meant for them. Period. So tired of this argument.

6 Likes

They literally can’t, you goofball. And even if they could, it’s not supposed to be tuned to Antorus anyway.

No, not everyone else. Just the ones that want to. And when they do, they’ll get their well earned mogs, and maybe mount, and maybe achievement. And the ones who don’t, well… they won’t.

1 Like

Nah they should completely remove the ability to use any items less than SL and strip the skins from anyone who used anything less.
Wont be an issue if you truly mastered it right. :thinking:

3 Likes

I did a few TW dungeons on alts and 2 of the four I did tonight had a fel bear tank. Makes me want to try the challenge again :slight_smile: people can get it. We can work for it. I actually haven’t completed one of the new mage tower challenges yet but I’ve been working on bm Hunter and getting closer every play session. Probably tried it for an hour on three separate days. It’s cool to try to work for something and finally get it!

2 Likes

Interesting take. A silly one, but interesting. Nice TW Mage Tower achievement by the way. Oh…

Yea you see shield OG completed not interested in a white reskin of tomb.
Will how ever get around to doing fel bear eventually.
And the difference between 220 and 60 ilv is vast crit hit judgement 220 1.3k crit ilv 60 3k.
Not to mention the arg trinket ticking 5k dps, but Im sure since you were triggered by my stance your fully aware of it.
More than enough reason to rip the “tw” sets from it and make the intended enrage a factor.

Translation: “All those people who came back to do this should be forced out of the game.”

You can’t. They already left. Good job.

5 Likes

Still waiting for last week. Can’t be bothered them throwing the nerf hammer when I waste 200 pulls on it while others then doing it in 20 tries after :slight_smile: You know this company.

So doesn’t this tell you that you just aren’t as good as them? So you don’t’ get it. That is YOUR fault, not Blizzards. Quit freaking whining and accept you just can’t have because you aren’t good enough.

1 Like